Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2008 5:29:20 AM EDT

I have this heading my way,  sold to meas a polish vector arms with chrome barrel.  Now something just doesn't look right?  Am I being paranoid?

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/111451000/111451182/pix1453527656.jpg

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/111451000/111451182/pix1453527625.jpg
Link Posted: 10/11/2008 5:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely a parts gun, but likely the parts themselves are in fact all Polish in origin.  the barrel assembly appears to be from a milled rifle.  The handguards are from a Polish stamped rifle, the pistol grip is either US-made or a Hungarian AMD grip.  regardless, it's a vector so you should be just fine.  expect it to run very well; just keep a good light coat of CLP on that parkerizing.

do you have a close-up of the trunnion markings?
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 5:10:45 PM EDT
[#2]
ArmedFerret hit it right on the head.  Definately parts gun - you can see the front sight base is from a Type III (milled) rifle as is the gas block, judging from squinting at the photo.  It might be the barrel assembly from a Type III but hard to tell.  You've probably already checked but it would appear that you'll only be able to utilize the old-school, long-bladed bayonets on it instead of the usual AKM-style bayonets because fo the front sight base and gas block.

Vector was fond of really doing some mix-master jobs on their Polish underfolder builds.  In their infinite wisdom, they took East German MPiKM parts kits and mixed them in with Polish PMKMS parts kits, then proceeded to build underfolder rifles.  Unfortunately, I still have a Vector "Polish" underfolder that was built with mostly East German MPiKM parts including the entire barrel assembly and trunnion.    

We would need to see the trunnion markings (the numbers on the left side of the receiver) on yours to see if it still retains the original Polish trunnion or something else.  What does your rear sight leaf look like (is it "1-10" with some sort of a letter; or is it "1-8" with a letter)?
Link Posted: 10/12/2008 5:58:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I gotta admit, I'd be upset if I was looking for an exact polish clone (save for the receiver itself of course ) but to be honest a T3 milled barrel assembly is nothing to shake a stick at.

They're beefy beyond beefy when it comes to AK's.
Link Posted: 10/14/2008 8:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ArmedFerret hit it right on the head.  Definately parts gun - you can see the front sight base is from a Type III (milled) rifle as is the gas block, judging from squinting at the photo.  It might be the barrel assembly from a Type III but hard to tell.  You've probably already checked but it would appear that you'll only be able to utilize the old-school, long-bladed bayonets on it instead of the usual AKM-style bayonets because fo the front sight base and gas block.

Vector was fond of really doing some mix-master jobs on their Polish underfolder builds.  In their infinite wisdom, they took East German MPiKM parts kits and mixed them in with Polish PMKMS parts kits, then proceeded to build underfolder rifles.  Unfortunately, I still have a Vector "Polish" underfolder that was built with mostly East German MPiKM parts including the entire barrel assembly and trunnion.    

We would need to see the trunnion markings (the numbers on the left side of the receiver) on yours to see if it still retains the original Polish trunnion or something else.  What does your rear sight leaf look like (is it "1-10" with some sort of a letter; or is it "1-8" with a letter)?

Rayman 1, IM inbound re: your MPiKM.

Regarding this weapon, these guys have hit all the main points.  I think you'll end up with a nice shooting AK that only AK nutz will be able to ID as not exactly 100% "correct."

Good luck, keep us posted.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 11:07:57 AM EDT
[#5]
height=8

I can't find any numbers or markings on the trunion,  the rear sight is marked SX in a circle.
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#6]
What is the letter on the rear sight leaf - it might be an "S" or a "P" or "A" or even an upside-down "U."  Then with number increments going from 1 to 10 (AKM) or maybe 1 to 8 (AK).
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 8:41:31 AM EDT
[#7]
The sights are actually VS Big Dots.   Its odd that the trunion has no numbers.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top