Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 12:29:38 PM EDT
Ok, heres the scoop. I want to build a Ak-74 Bulgarian wood stocks...nothing fancy. The problem is I want to purchase a pre-made receiver. The only source I found even reasonable was Guns-n-Stuff for the Arsenal 1.6mm receiver. (Havent heard anything bad yet) Problem is they are on backorder.....so I want to buy a receiver soon. Next I live in MD (I know it sucks- because I moved here from Florida) and all the local dealers want to screw me on a transfer. These receivers are so cheap $60-85, but transfers run between $50-75 for the paperwork.
Is there anyone local who has a receiver and would be willing to do F2F or possibly copy ID. I cannot even think of doing this project when the receiver will cost me 100% of initial price just to transfer.
Either way I want to build an AK, so let me know what receiver's you have for sale.

Please contact with info.
Thanks
Alex
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 5:17:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't help you with a good dealer to do the transfer (I'm sure there are a couple in your area, try the dealer lookup on gunbroker.com Here, they list prices for transfers on their listings I think).

A good source for a OOW receiver right now seems to a seller doing a big group buy on www.akfiles.com in the marketplace section, supposedly in stock right now: www.akfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2805  Good deal on the kit too if you don't have one already...
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top