Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:30:35 PM EDT
Got my weaponeer group buy parkerizing kit, but I've already got a Bulgy -74 almost completed that needs the receiver parked.  I have the front trunnion riveted on and the barrel pressed in but the rear tang is still temporarily secured.  So my question is--I'd hate to sandblast the barrel down just because I need to park the receiver.  Is it ok to put the finished painted barrel in the park tank (with the barrel plugged)?  Any suggestions?  I can easily press the barrel back out, so then I could just blast the trunnion and trigger guard and park that?  Thanks for the help in advance.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:30:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It should be work.  I had a painted FAL barrel threaded and the smith just parked the last 3" of the barrel.  The park only took where there was no paint.  The old paint was fine.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top