Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/17/2005 3:55:18 PM EST
Anyone have this done? How did it turn out? I am thinking of getting my SAR-1 parked instead of the paint job on it now. Pics please if you have them.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:40:16 PM EST
Do it yourself and save a ton of money.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 2:24:25 AM EST
Dace, how much equipment is really involved to do a home park?

I looked into it and it seems that you need to buy a lot of start-up equipment to get started, hardly worth it unless you are going to do more than 1, or do a batch with a group to share expenses.
I'm still toying with the idea, but would like to gather info from other succesful amateurs rather than to continue to research on-line. That research always seems to point to an equipment build-up.

How about it folks? Is there a WECSOG approach that works?
Anyone have a set-up that they want to unload for reasonable price?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 3:30:08 AM EST
www.jouster.com/articles30m1/parkerizing.html

I was kind of sceptical at first so I did a few small parts, a mag, etc. Turns out great. These gun smiths are making a fortune for almost no work at all. However it is all in the prep work. Stripping the parts down and getting them very well cleaned.
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 4:24:29 AM EST
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:19:06 AM EST
I just took a TIG Welding course. At this point I understand the basics, have made a few UGLY welds and KNOW for a fact that I have a long way to go before I can consider myself a welder.
While making a Stainless tank has appeal, buying a reasonably priced one makes more sense.

But you are now faced with a size situation. Big enough for an AK barreled action? A FAL?
Common sense says to get the smallest size that will do all that I might want done, but S.S. tanks are not common and the selection is limited. Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 3/18/2005 6:49:54 AM EST
Top Top