Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 8:57:51 AM EDT
My brother is looking to get into the AK-47 platform - both him and I are familiar with the AR platform, but not so much with the AK, so I would appreciate your input.

Does PSA make/sell good AK-47's?  Are they junk?  Should he buy one from another distributor?

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:03:13 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Hoyle33:
My brother is looking to get into the AK-47 platform - both him and I are familiar with the AR platform, but not so much with the AK, so I would appreciate your input.

Does PSA make/sell good AK-47's?  Are they junk?  Should he buy one from another distributor?

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3
View Quote

#2 is not made by PSA.

I can't recommend any of them, because there simply isn't enough data, and enough info on them in the real world to make a rational, educated decision. They showed up briefly, then disappeared from stock.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:05:47 AM EDT
I don't think they actually have them for sale. They released them earlier this year but had a problem with the receivers I believe. They ended up pulling them to be released again at a later date.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 9:27:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/2/2015 9:27:50 AM EDT by Hoyle33]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BOSN1AC:

#2 is not made by PSA.

I can't recommend any of them, because there simply isn't enough data, and enough info on them in the real world to make a rational, educated decision. They showed up briefly, then disappeared from stock.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hoyle33:

PSA AK-47 #1

PSA AK-47 #2

PSA AK-47 #3

#2 is not made by PSA.

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:12:23 AM EDT
Fine. Remind me not to help smartasses next time.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 10:42:57 AM EDT
Fine. Remind me not to help smartasses next time.
View Quote

You can relax, I was just teasing you.  Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:47:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 6:03:45 PM EDT
Unfortunately, no one has any first-hand info on PSA's AKs. They discovered headspacing issues on their first batch and pulled them off the market. It's a shame because I was actually pretty excited about the barreled-receivers they were going to be selling. I'm actually surprised their supplier isn't back on line yet - it feels like it's been a while since they went away.

As far the the "Kalashnikov Concern" rifle you linked to (#2), it's just a partially converted Saiga from a company with a dubious reputation. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, but by the time you finish converting the front-end (and replacing the parts from their rear-end conversion) it would probably have been easier and cheaper to have just (found and) bought a base Saiga and converted it yourself.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 5:18:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Notyouratty:
Unfortunately, no one has any first-hand info on PSA's AKs. They discovered headspacing issues on their first batch and pulled them off the market. It's a shame because I was actually pretty excited about the barreled-receivers they were going to be selling. I'm actually surprised their supplier isn't back on line yet - it feels like it's been a while since they went away.

As far the the "Kalashnikov Concern" rifle you linked to (#2), it's just a partially converted Saiga from a company with a dubious reputation. Nothing wrong with it I suppose, but by the time you finish converting the front-end (and replacing the parts from their rear-end conversion) it would probably have been easier and cheaper to have just (found and) bought a base Saiga and converted it yourself.
View Quote

I forgot about the barreled receivers, I will buy one of those if the quality is there.
Top Top