Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 8:33:25 PM EDT
Got a 2-3 Month wait for it. Figured I have enough rifles and needed a belt fed something or other :) .

Anyone else here have one or ordered one ?

Going to order 4-5 Drums and belts for it. Just in case they become scarce .  
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one last year, it's a sweet rifle. I bought extra drums from GUN PARTS CORP for 22 bucks a piece, which is the best price I have seen for them.

a dealer I know of had one on his table at the show.....the handguard was not original, like the one on mine, but it was laminated wood and looked good.

and although the parts kit are from bulgaria, the arsenal mark on mine was made at KOROV arsenal in russia
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:40:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info. I will order some drums from your guy as Vector charges $30 a drum.

Checked out gunparts and they only include a 50 round belt for a 100 rd drum. Is that a typo?

Also do the belts disinigrate or can they be reused ?

Vector is also saying spare parts will be around next year some time.

Hopefully some synthetic or steel lined handguards as well. As I've read they heat up quick.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:18:46 AM EDT
[#4]
tag.  I need to look into this again.  I had the bug for one for a while and it's coming back again.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:16:15 AM EDT
[#5]
They placed me on their waiting list about a month ago.  Last person I know that got one waited 8 months.  Whether it's 2-3 months or 8 months, I'll wait....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:24:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Sweet!  Take some pictures when you get it  and share with us so we can envy you even more.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:43:21 AM EDT
[#7]
The nicest SAW type weapon I ever fired full auto was an RPD.  You will like it.  Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Checked out gunparts and they only include a 50 round belt for a 100 rd drum. Is that a typo?

you get a a total of 100 round belt.........it says a leader belt, which is a 50 round belt, and 2-25 round belt, which can be all connected together for the max capacity of 100 rounds. although when I ordered mine, some of the drums came up short on some belts, but I just called them up and sent it back with a note to reimburse me for the shipping back, 2 weeks later I got the drums with the correct number of belts, and a check for the return shipping later on.........GUN PARTS CORP is the place to buy anything you want, great prices and great service. I always look there for all  my firearm needs and  bypass the other places, or vendors.

and it doesn't matter whether the belts disinigrate, or not....both types  can be reused, and reused for a long, long time ........the RPD belts are the non-disinigrating  kind.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:11:10 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you get a a total of 100 round belt.........it says a leader belt, which is a 50 round belt, and 2-25 round belt, which can be all connected together for the max capacity of 100 rounds. although when I ordered mine, some of the drums came up short on some belts, but I just called them up and sent it back with a note to reimburse me for the shipping back, 2 weeks later I got the drums with the correct number of belts, and a check for the return shipping later on.........GUN PARTS CORP is the place to buy anything you want, great prices and great service. I always look there for all  my firearm needs and  bypass the other places, or vendors.

and it doesn't matter whether the belts disinigrate, or not....both types  can be reused, and reused for a long, long time ........the RPD belts are the non-disinigrating  kind.

Sounds good . Cant wait .

Yeah owner emailed me and said 2-3 month wait. No money down either. I have one of their UZIS and its been a really nice gun and great customer service to boot.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:01:38 PM EDT
[#11]
2 NIB semi RPDs along with 6 drums are headed my way this week.  Keep your eye on the EE.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
2 NIB semi RPDs along with 6 drums are headed my way this week.  Keep your eye on the EE.

Ad posted this morning.  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=122&t=297507
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top