Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/30/2006 3:16:49 PM EDT
Noob here, asking if anybody has built up an Ohio Ordnance receiver with a Romanian AKM kit? I have the opportunity to hand pick the kit but, was wondering if there are any problems fitting it to an OOW receiver.
I have heard the Bulgarian kits may pose a problem. Any help/tips appreciated. This is my first AK build.
TIA
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:26:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 3:28:52 PM EDT by BLM]
I have it turned out great you just have to file down the front of the receiver obout 1/16 and maybe a little off the back. Some people dont like them becouse of that I guess it is to much work for some people ,me I dont mind. just do alot of reading to learn as much as you can if you get stuck I am sure someone will help you ouy

BLM

ETA and welcome to the darkside
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:44:51 PM EDT
The ITM receivers are not perfect, but are an American answer to a Comblock receiver. No x-y axis pressings, no selector pressing and the 7.62 version has a low selector hole. They are a good receiver to build on if one does not want to duplicate the exact receiver that was cut from the rifle in the first place. I have used several with no problems except the selector hole.

Originally Posted By TP4:
Noob here, asking if anybody has built up an Ohio Ordnance receiver with a Romanian AKM kit? I have the opportunity to hand pick the kit but, was wondering if there are any problems fitting it to an OOW receiver.
I have heard the Bulgarian kits may pose a problem. Any help/tips appreciated. This is my first AK build.
TIA

Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:59:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2006 4:04:54 PM EDT by BLM]
Originally Posted By FloridaAKM:
The ITM receivers are not perfect, but are an American answer to a Comblock receiver. No x-y axis pressings, no selector pressing and the 7.62 version has a low selector hole. They are a good receiver to build on if one does not want to duplicate the exact receiver that was cut from the rifle in the first place. I have used several with no problems except the selector hole

the last 2 I have bought do not have a low selector hole there is no gap anymore
I compared it to my other one the logo is turned clockwise a little bit thats how you can tell when they changed it . It is not strait with the bottom of the receiver no big deal I dont mind the logo anyways
Top Top