Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 11:46:38 AM EDT

March 26, 2006

I have some very important news to share with you.  Over the last 6 months we have been reading stories of members who have been dragged around by Joeken Firearms and in most cases the refunds have not come forth like they should have.  Two members came forth recently with the problems they have been having.  After leaving phone calls and emails for Joe Cox of Joeken Firearms to call me back with a deadline.  I have decided in the best interests of the members and the Guns Network community to sever all ties with Joeken Firearms and close the books on Joe Cox.

If you remember Joe put up a Romanian AKM in 7.62x39 for our 2005 Fall Membership Upgrade Raffle Drive and that he told me he had put one out to the side.  I never thought twice as he has always taken care of our winning members over the years.  Well after the raffle the winners were submitted to all the companies with there contact info.  To make a long story short.  Dates and deadlines were broken to the winning member and his wife and they were dragged this whole time since December and the member has still NOT received the said Romanian AKM AK-47.  When I found out about this I fell out of my chair and I told him that he was going to get a AK-47 even if I had to give him one of my unfired AK's but he was going to get what he won.  While I was researching Joeken Firearms problems I talked to Ewbanks Manufacturing as Joe told me things I needed to followup on.  After finding out Joe has been lying for many months if not years about much more then I can spill here let me say something very positive came from all of this.  Ewbank Manufacturing & Andrew (former employee of Joeken) who also owns a company called Arms of America or www.armsofamerica.com will be making good and they INSISTED THEY take care of this member and send him the Romanian AKM rifle he won.  So in the end "Chuckles" in South Carolina will be finally getting his prize.  Great News!!!

Now then please heed our warnings!!!!  Everyone I am asking as I do believe Joeken Firearms is a sinking ship.  Even if you have had nothing but good deals thru Joeken Firearms we are asking you to please hold back and DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME until the dust has settled cause folks if you remember the Gary Gucciano problem times that by a 100 and you are still not even close to comparison.  Mick and I feel from many years in running Guns Network that Joeken maybe facing some serious financial and unethical business practices which could get him in trouble with the Feds and maybe the BATFE.  I do not want ANY MORE MEMBERS buying ANYTHING ELSE from Joe Cox and/or Joeken Firearms.  If you have trusted us over the years then please trust us even more now.

I know this newsletter started out negatively but after this past 7 days of taking the time and contacting those folks who are in the know about Joeken Firearms.  I am sadden that Joe Cox is sinking his own ship even with current employees on board with him but I do believe a lot of positive news has come from this.  For years members have who have bad experiences have posted on our Reviews Forum and for years some members have taken advantage of this system and they have done some serious damage to advertisers who have not done anything wrong.  So Mick and I have decided that we will continue to listen more carefully in regards to every new complaint about an advertiser more seriously then we did before and if any members decides they have a bone to pick on a transaction they did with one of our advertisers we will give them all the room to discuss there problem.  But on the other side of the coin if a member posts bull shit and lies about a made up problem we will prosecute and involve all the three letter agencies.

One last minute note we have 3 to 4 new advertisers and some big name coming on board in the next 30 days.  These came from our talks with them at the 2006 Shot Show in Las Vegas.  So when they do come on board please welcome them to our beloved community.

We hope you have a pleasant Sunday evening relaxing!

Guns Network Staff

[email protected]

I left out the paragraph where they hawk a new business.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for the post Mak!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:56:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I got the same e-mail.  But...............................Andrew use to work for them.....now he's starting a new business.......I'll wait and see what happens there.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I got the same e-mail.  But...............................Andrew use to work for them.....now he's starting a new business.......I'll wait and see what happens there.

I wonder if the are just changing their name like Hesse/Vulcan?  They bought alot of their stuff from Hess so maybe they are using his business model.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:07:44 PM EDT
[#4]
See what I posted here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=84507

Having read the full letter in this thread, I'm going to change my call to "This is definite bullshit", now.

This pretty much confirms it:

While I was researching Joeken Firearms problems I talked to Ewbanks Manufacturing as Joe told me things I needed to followup on. After finding out Joe has been lying for many months if not years about much more then I can spill here let me say something very positive came from all of this. Ewbank Manufacturing & Andrew (former employee of Joeken) who also owns a company called Arms of America or www.armsofamerica.com will be making good and they INSISTED THEY take care of this member and send him the Romanian AKM rifle he won.

JoeKen Firearms and Ewbanks Manufacturing are owned by the same person.

Edward Kenneth Ewbanks III, i.e., the "Ken" of JoeKen firearms.

If they were having all kinds of problems with JoeKen, why would they go talk to Ewbanks Manufacturing, VIRTUALLY THE SAME BUSINESS to straigten things out?

This is all horseshit.

Special Weapons --> Tactical Weapons Training Academy --> Top Notch Parts -->  Bobcat Weapons -->  Coharie Arms --> Black Market Parts --> etc. --> etc. --> etc.

Nothing more than propaganda to bury JoeKen's reputation, and start fresh.

To quote Snap!, "Don't believe the hype, it's a sequel."
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:36:58 PM EDT
[#5]
"This is all horseshit."

Yes... and horseshit comes from?  Why be surprised?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
............................................................... ........................................................................
..............................................................    .........................................................................
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
You'd think a feller could get sued for this type of thing..............telling people not to do business with someone? Ya gotta be carefull what ya say these days.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 12:40:21 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/ws179.p

images.azcc.gov/scripts/cgi/dwispart2.pl

starpas.azcc.gov/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=wsbroker1/names-detail.p?name-id=11303616&type=CORPORATION

first 2 links no work.

Standin on the corner in Winslow Arizona,
What did my eyes just see?
JoeKen, My lord
Handmade sign on the door
Will soon become history..............

They are craaaaaaaaazy
Will it shoot? mayyyybe
I wonder if they will refund me
sometime this decade

Sorry, could not resist....saw that they were in Winslow and well, it kinda fell together...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:28:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:35:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Why would anyone want to do business with any of them?? Total scam artist's.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Why would anyone want to do business with any of them?? Total scam artist's.

Goonsnet or Joeken?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#13]
Now then please heed our warnings!!!! Everyone I am asking as I do believe Joeken Firearms is a sinking ship. Even if you have had nothing but good deals thru Joeken Firearms we are asking you to please hold back and DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME until the dust has settled cause folks if you remember the Gary Gucciano problem times that by a 100 and you are still not even close to comparison.

Damn that's harsh.  I can see warning people but telling them not to do bussiness is stepping over the line.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:03:55 AM EDT
[#14]
They've been sweeping the fact that many members have been getting screwed for years under the rug.
As soon as Dickweed thornton finally gets screwed by them it's a whole different ball game.

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Now then please heed our warnings!!!! Everyone I am asking as I do believe Joeken Firearms is a sinking ship. Even if you have had nothing but good deals thru Joeken Firearms we are asking you to please hold back and DO NOT SPEND ANOTHER DIME until the dust has settled cause folks if you remember the Gary Gucciano problem times that by a 100 and you are still not even close to comparison.

Damn that's harsh.  I can see warning people but telling them not to do bussiness is stepping over the line.

The funniest part of this is the revisionist history - "remember the Gary Gucciano problem?  You know, the one where we aided and abetted felony fraud, making us felony fraudsters in the process?  The one where we banned people who posted their complaints to the State Police and the Attorney General - the same people we accused of slander and libel, and that we threatened to have sic the ATF and the FBI on them?  Remember that problem?  OK, good.  So, for reals, please believe us now, because we never lie or cover up the truth."
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top