BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2003 8:26:50 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 10:25:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Thats funny. Good to see hunters poking fun at themselves like that. Interesting to see the economic break down and comparison to just buying meat at the store.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 3:07:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 10:22:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Speaking of deer hunting, I had one hell of a deer hunting experience the other day.

Me and my dad were out near a clearing with a hill next to it.  He was on top of the hill with my scoped Win 70 30.06, and I had my .44 Win 94 lever-gun so I was working my way around it.  

He spotted 3 deer in the forest on the far edge of the clearing.  I couln't see them from where I was at, but he had a clear shot so he fired.  He then started shouting to me that he had hit one, but it was still taking off into the woods.

The idea of a suffering animal doesn't sit well with me, so I took off running into the woods after it.  

I came through some thick trees into a second, smaller, clearing and spotted the deer (a doe) making it's way rather quickly away from me.  

I could see that it was wounded, but I wasn't going to get any closer, and it sure wasn't going to stop, so I raised my .44 and snapped of a shot at it from the rear.

It dropped like the proverbial sack of potatoes.  

I approached it to find that it was one messed up deer.  My dads first shot had nearly severed both of it's front legs at the knees, so how it had managed to run so quickly is a mystery to me.

My shot had, mutch to my surprise, hit it right below it's right ear, leaving a neat .44 diameter hole.  

That of course was only the entrence.  The shot had been from behind, so the 240-gr. SP round had entered the deers skull and blown it's brains clean out of a massive hole covering most of the top of it's head.  

There was literally brain matter and peices of it's skull spatter all over the snow!  

All that combined with me gutting it with a small, dull, knife made for a truly wonderfull experience (sarcasm).

The moral of the story? .44 magnum soft-points are not your skulls friend...
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 12:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 1:02:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I have seen a Moose shot in the head at ten paces with a .375 Weatherby. Brains came out every orifice, and a dust cloud rolled off of its head. It dropped dead instantly.
Link Posted: 11/15/2003 12:02:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Novel video Ken. Too bad most of my deer hunting friends are without computer as I'm sure their wive's would love it!

It's good to be a single man when excuses like that one fly!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top