Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2011 1:23:16 PM EDT
Now that I have a low serial number for my Poly Tech NM Ineed to aske some of you AK experts what my rifle is worth:
       Poly Tech 7.63x39   National Match Longer 20" Barrel New In Box (AK47/S): Plain brown Box with Polytech stamped on it in large letters.
       - SER #: NM-0049
       Comes with:- Butstock Cleaning Kit
                         - Green platic Oil Bottle
                         - (1) 30 round Mag
                         - (1) 5(?) or 10(?) round mag
                         - Sling
                         - Gas Tube Cleaning Tool (Residue Scrapper)
                         - Original Poly Tech Brochures/catalog
The only items I think are missing would be a bayonet........Type unknown and a conical flash hidder. I have no idea where I would find an item like that. I'm not sure these items were even part of the accessories when purchased many years ago.

I might be selling this rifle at a local gun show this weekend and it would really be nice to know what this rifle in the box is worth. Thanks. PAT.
Link Posted: 6/17/2011 7:46:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Now that I have a low serial number for my Poly Tech NM Ineed to aske some of you AK experts what my rifle is worth:
       Poly Tech 7.63x39   National Match Longer 20" Barrel New In Box (AK47/S): Plain brown Box with Polytech stamped on it in large letters.
       - SER #: NM-0049
       Comes with:- Butstock Cleaning Kit
                         - Green platic Oil Bottle
                         - (1) 30 round Mag
                         - (1) 5(?) or 10(?) round mag
                         - Sling
                         - Gas Tube Cleaning Tool (Residue Scrapper)
                         - Original Poly Tech Brochures/catalog
The only items I think are missing would be a bayonet........Type unknown and a conical flash hidder. I have no idea where I would find an item like that. I'm not sure these items were even part of the accessories when purchased many years ago.

I might be selling this rifle at a local gun show this weekend and it would really be nice to know what this rifle in the box is worth. Thanks. PAT.

Hey Pat,  if you dont sell it locally and you come up with a price....Shoot me a PM.

Joezeta

Link Posted: 6/17/2011 8:45:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I know of a dealer that has 12 NIB Polytech NM's. Sequential serial numbers too. Their advertised price in the shop is $1550 a pop.  All accessories are still sealed in plastic etc.

Hope this helps for a price point.

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 6:17:18 AM EDT
[#3]
The serial number will have little to no bearing on a serious collector unless the number was number 1 or 2. It might lure in the new buyer in the AK game, however.
Link Posted: 6/18/2011 7:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The serial number will have little to no bearing on a serious collector unless the number was number 1 or 2. It might lure in the new buyer in the AK game, however.

Just pointing out their price. Somy AR guys like sequential serial numbers, I myself don't care.

Link Posted: 6/18/2011 3:30:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just pointing out their price. Somy AR guys like sequential serial numbers, I myself don't care.

Oh sorry, my post was directed at the OP.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 5:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
I appreciate all the responses. I got some thinking to do with what I'm going to do with this rifle. I'm really not an AK shooter. This rifle may be sale in the very near future.
thanks again for all the replies. PAT.
Link Posted: 6/21/2011 8:28:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Pat, I believe the low serial number may be alluring to some, but not everyone.  Your rifle is a "pre-ban" rifle as well as a discontinued piece.  And it sounds complete.  Additionally, those rifles will never be imported again and they're very high quality manufactured rifles which are quite collectible to many folks.  These qualities are quite appealing - especially to those in more restricted states/locations who almost have to purchase "pre-ban" rifles to obtain that aesthetically original look.  

You could probably get anywhere from $1500 to $2000 for it.  Maybe more, depending on the individual as well as their locatiion.

Marinate on what you want/need to get out of it and see where you stand with price.  There's a lot of folks that would like such a rifle for their collections, to shoot, etc.  It's a more rare beast than an average AK.
Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top