BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 4:37:09 PM EDT
www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=5

www.atlanticfirearms.com/programming/expand.asp?Prodid=195

I've got a couple of ARs and am now considering an evil rifle.  I'm wondering what the major difference will be between the two rifles above.  (Arsenal Sam7 vs Ohio Rapid Fire modified Romy)

I've handled a couple of Arsenel rifles and found them to be very nice compared to some of the cheaper Romanian rifles.  My main question:  Is there a big enough difference in performance between these two rilfes to justify an extra $400?  Will the accuracy and reliability be comparable?

Any good pros and cons between these rifles will be greatly appreciated as I am looking to get an AK soon.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:51:11 PM EDT
[#1]
crispy,

the Arsenal is easily the better of the two, even $400 better

I would base this on resale value, warranty, workmanship, factory gun, the milled receiver. and Arsenal's great reputation.

Easy call

You may find the Arsenal a bit less than the price listed  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well the SAM7A1R has a milled reciever vs. a stamped reciever.  I dont know if that is worth $400 to you.  I am sure some one will come along with a good answer for you.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:03:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The Arsenal Model  rifle is almost a duplicate of a Bulgarian Military issue rifle (semiauto of course).

There are a lot of other AKs cheaper , but I know of none equal to the Arsenal in quality
(unless you have one custom built.)

If you get a chance to handle one in person , you will see the difference.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:06:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I've handled the Arsenel rifles and they seem to be way better than the others.  Does anyone know where I can find this Arsenel rifle for less than this listed price?  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Go with the Arsenal Inc.

For a number of reasons...

The SA M7 has a parked then painted finish as opposed to the ORF only being parked.  The SA M7 has a bayonet lug the ORF does not.  The SA M7 has a forged milled reciever made to Bulgarian mil-specifications as opposed to the ORF which is a stamped reciever that is out of spec(no mag dimples).  The SA M7 has a threaded front sight base with a highly sought after flash hider while the ORF has no front sight base and instead using some type of adapter to thread the AK-74 style compensator on.  And finally the SA M7 is held in high regard by the AK community and will have good resale value down the line while the ORF is just a modified WASR-10 which is at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to sought after AK rifles.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can afford the Arsenal, then by all means buy it.  

You will be paying for fit and finish but probably not function.  I have two Romanians, but if I could afford the Arsenal I would buy it in a skinny minute.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:02:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, I've handled the Arsenel rifles and they seem to be way better than the others.  Does anyone know where I can find this Arsenel rifle for less than this listed price?  

Get in touch with Templar here on the site, he may be able to help you
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You will be paying for fit and finish but probably not function.

+1 On that one. Arsenal's are the best built AK's I have yet to see.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top