Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2003 7:55:03 PM EDT
According to another thread in the "Romanian" forum the importation of the Romanian SAR serious rifles will be no more. Here's the link

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=79&t=56571

Basically does anybody else have info on this? Also what do you think about it and what will happen for the future? Im hoping something happens and they keep comin' cause i want me one!!

-Travis
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
No sense making a big commitment until the AWB sorts out in 2004. I fully expect them back once the dust settles on how they need to be configured.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 11:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Dude if I had a dollar for every time I heard the SAR rifle will no longer be imported. My guess is that this is just more internet hearsay.  Anybody else remember back in 2000- 2001 when we were told that ALL SEMI AUTO RIFLES AND BARRELS WERE BANNED FROM IMPORT? ? ? ? ? yeah right.......

AW ban has nothing to do with importing rifles either.  Imported rifles can't have a bayonet lug, threaded barrel or flash hider.  So that can not be the reason.  Again though most likely this is just bullshit.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:06:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I think that about cleared that up
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
It's also a great way to justify a price hike.  Brodcast that there's not going to be anymore, and people start willing to pay higher prices to get the ones already here.  Then they get "rare" and when you bring in a fresh batch, you can price them higher and people think you're doing them a favor for just bringing them in.  Basically it refocuses the market for you.  Whether the rumor is started in some gunsop of a guy trying to get $450 for a SAR-1 or from the importer itself, the reslut is the same.

If there's a market, someone will provide a product for that market.

Ross
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got off the phone with Century.
They will no longer import the SAR rifles. The lady could not or would not tell me why.
I would guess that where there is a demand there will be a supply.
Someone will pick up the slack probably or maybe Century found something better for us.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 3:28:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It has to do with money! The Romanian's want more money and Century said no! But there going to still import WASR low cap and then convert them to high cap's! Go figure!  

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:08:38 PM EDT
[#7]
you would think that the SAR rifles would be cheaper for the romanians to produce than the milled out WASR rifles. It doesnt really make sense to import the one and not the other.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:53:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top