Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2002 11:57:23 AM EDT
Told these were PreBans

1 Norinco Model 386.Stamped Rec.Has Poly Tech and KBI on rear of left side of receiver.Threaded Barrel,No Bayo Lug.Next to Norinco it has Sportster ingraved real light.Bottom of Rec in front of mag well it says Made in China By Norinco.Price 425.00

2.Bulgi Milled SA 93.Arsenal made.Impoted Virginia Beach Va.NO dates,No Bayo lug and has threaded barrel.Price 600.00

3.Same as above(not a Poly) but has Mak 90 stamped in slot cut in receiver.Impoted Virginia  Beach Va.

Now Legal Question.If these are Post 89 but Pre 94 Ban and were coverted to pistol grips&strait stocks before the 94 Ban they are PreBan right?I mean from what Ive read they would be Grandfathered as an Assault Rifle and I could add the Evil features if I wanted to right?Thanks for all the help guys.Later45B10
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 12:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Not to be a smart ass but where is the proof that they are not PreBans?I have seen alot of Norincos that are claimed to be PreBans.I mean there are no lists that I know of or could find that gives SN ranges like we have for our ARs.I can see the Mak90 being a Post because of the Mak90 stamp but the Norinco 386?What gives it away.The bayonet lug missing?That the only thing it doesnt have and it appears that it never had one to begin with.My understanding on the 89 Ban.Is that it was on Importation.Not on evil features.Therefore if one had been purchased and evil features added in lets say May 1990.When the AW ban started in 94 all guns that had been altered  before the AW Ban were Grandfathered as an AW.Like I said Im not trying to be an ASS Im just trying to get all this thru my thick scull.Thanks,Chris
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top