BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:43:37 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got a few boxes of this stuff as well.  About 140 rounds worth.

Identical to that which you pictured.  I've thought that it's Tula as well.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:58:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Templar & RS39

I checked out that link before I asked Templar about the ammo... but I wasn't sure if that was the right place it was manufactured because of the "95" stamped on it.

The stuff kinda looked older than '95 production, so I was confused by that number.

It is great ammo... I just shot it in my first AK yesterday.

Thanks to Tim for all the help BTW.

Also, I never thought an AK would have this kind of effect on me. I am just now getting into the "Evil" guns and the AK appeals to me a lot more than my AR does... I just can't explain it  

I'm preparing to order 1,000 rounds of Wolf and trying to get one of those Polish underfolders from AA as well.... I'm starting to scare myself  

Thanks for all the help fellas.

-bones
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I used some of this ammo hunting once, before I knew better.  I believed the box.  Don't use it for hunting.  It doesn't expand at all and acts like a FMJ.

Otherwise, it's good ammo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:36:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Click the link for the "AK rifle ammo id" page of my web pages for headstamp id info.
mywebpages.comcast.net/jfreeman246/index.htm

In the pic you can see the progression of Russian marketing in the printing on the Russian ammo boxes. It is a time line of Russian ammo boxes starting with the plain box on the left of ammo imported right before the 7.62x39mm steel core ban in Feb,1994. The next box is a 1996 import, note it has words printed on the box. Then the printing/graphics gets progressivly better as the years go by with a currently imported box on the right.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#6]
The keyboard...ugggh...the keyboard

Y-
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top