Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 2:47:37 PM EDT
 Can somebody tell me where online i can get some real good BLACK parkerizing concentrate than i dont have to activate with steel wool or any other crap like that. I only need enough to do a few gallons and i would prefer to order online. I see where someone is selling some on ebay but its got black and grey and also has degreaser i would buy that but i dont need all the other, just the BLACK.
THANKS ALOT,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered from this guy I have not had a chance to use it yet but he came highly recomended.
mailto:[email protected]
phosphatesolutions.com
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I normally use the manganese phosphate parkerizing solution that brownells sells.  You are supposed to use powdered iron to "cure" it before use, but the only purpose of this is so that the color will stay consistent longer.  I have used it without "curing" first and the first couple of pieces come out very dark and then the rest are a little lighter and don't match.  I have probably parkerized 15 or 20 different rifles using this solution and am very pleased with it.  Here is the linkBrownells Park Solution.  Good luck!hair.gif
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top