Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:16:05 PM EDT
Hey all ive built a couple of Ar's but now i decided to step into the realm of building Ak's.   My little brogther and i each decided we want to build one and a have a question or two.

1. is there a difference between an AKM  and an Ak-47

2.  Will an AKM  (pre bent) Russian Receiver work with a Romanian parts kit?  

Thanks    ADAM
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
1. is there a difference between an AKM  and an Ak-47
2.  Will an AKM  (pre bent) Russian Receiver work with a Romanian parts kit?  
Thanks    ADAM

To make a long story short, the AK47 has a milled receiver and the AKM which is basically the same has a stamped receiver.

I'm not sure which receiver your referring to as Russian, maybe a Saiga doner? If so with modification it will work fine, you will have to weld holes shut and redrill for the trunnion rivets. If you're referring to the many prebent 100% receivers that are on the market, any of them will work with a Romanian parts kit, all will need some sort of tweaking for fit and function to be proper. McM
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top