Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 8:17:17 PM EDT
I have found what I think looks like a good idea for a first kit. The barrel is already pressed into the reciever(i think) so i could skip that step. Here is the link
http://www.joeken.com/akparts.htm  (i was looking at the Bulgarian AK47 Milled Parts Kit) I'm open for any suggestions but i wanted to keep it 7.62x39 and i would like to have wood stocks and am up for refinishing them. I was looking to cut the cost as much as possible but i've heard something about the rivets and having to buy expensive tools??? Also any clearification on keeping this all legal would be helpful.
Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Travis
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 3:35:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 4:02:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Maybe He's planning to mill down the receiver stub, to use as a front trunnion in a stamped receiver build?

Either that or he's confused
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Just my two cents

Hunt up some of the links on assembly methods and decide if you're going to rivit, tap and screw it, or weld it together .
It will be easier on you to find a stamped kit to assemble.

Before my first A-K, I'd done a half-dozen ar's and fn-fal's.  I still spent much more than the cost of a new sar 1.

If you just want a shooter, buy it.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright I've decided that I was getting myself in over my head. I think I am going to get a SAR-1 and later if I still want to learn the AK in and out I can attempt it then. Thanks for all of your input.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top