Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2011 5:10:21 AM EDT
I just wanted to share my recent experience with Atlantic Firearms.

I placed an order (less than a week ago) for a Waffen Werks AK74 Classic, this is the one they have on sale @ 700$.

HERE

So, less than a week later (Monday) friend @ my FFl calls me "Hey Dave, rifles here", so I go pick to pick it up yesterday (Weds).
I get there and its this one. (no difference in mechanics, just less expensive due to stock set/mag)

HERE

NOT a huge deal, but I still called them to let them know what had happened simply b/c of the price difference. I was assuming I'd get a refund for the difference or something (and that would've been fine).

Atlantic surprised me to say the least, I knew their reputation was good - from witnessing how they handle themselves on these boards, as well as others. But having experienced their CS quality first hand, I can attest its better than good.

I called, and I'm not sure who I spoked with initially. But when I explained what had happened he was more than understanding, took down my info and told me someone from shipping would call me back ASAP. MAYBE 2mins later Mark from shipping called me (Pretty sure his name was Mark) - He already knew the situation, and told me I had a few options. First of which was a brand new stock set from the Classic rifle AND keep the stock set that had come w/the basic - that amazed me, honestly. Just the gesture alone. Just to double, double check I muttered something to confirm there were no differences in finish & mechanics of the two versions of the gun. He replied they were in fact the same & the only differences were the stock set, and the mag that came w/the gun. I told him if he just wanted to send me a spare mag, I was cool w/that.. and that I honestly should've ordered this version of the gun anyway b/c I had plans for a VLTOR stock tube, Ultimak set-up, etc... He replied back - "Hold on one sec, I need to ask my manager something" - So he called me back in literally 1.5 mins. "Would you be okay with us sending you one of our 4 mag bundles with the mag pouch and an Atlantic T-shirt" - I was MORE than happy with that and completely satisfied w/the way everyone I've had dealings with (pre-purchase and post purchase) treated me. From my stupid email questions about everything in 5.45 they sell, to resolving this minor issue - everything was top notch.

So, anyway.. anyone shopping AK's right now and trying to decide who the "Good Guys" are - I'd recommend Atlantic all the way.

Side note - The finish on the rifle, as well as the build quality is top notch. I've had a few AKs and AK Variants. This is as good as any I've had (owner of Arsenal weapons) I bought this gun to build on, and modernize... cough, molest. I'm satisfied I chose the perfect platform to do so.

Big +1 for Atlantic Firearms.

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Mistakes happen.  It's how a company responds to those mistakes that matters.

Thanks for sharing your story, others on the fence about ordering from Atlantic Firearms will get some mileage out of it.  For me, I'm not surprised.  I've bought several firearms from Atlantic Firearms (placed an order yesterday for another AK from them) and I will always go to them first when I have a hankering for something that goes bang to see if they stock it.  They treat you like you matter.  Couple that with the best prices on the Internet in many cases and you simply can't lose by doing business with them.

Another thing I like about doing business with them is that they're accessible.  If you're Facebook user, check them out on Facebook.

I'm a fan and a loyal customer.
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Those guys kick ass. If only I had enough set back to buy another rifle from them this week even.

Link Posted: 3/31/2011 6:08:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Mistakes happen.  It's how a company responds to those mistakes that matters.

Thanks for sharing your story, others on the fence about ordering from Atlantic Firearms will get some mileage out of it.  For me, I'm not surprised.  I've bought several firearms from Atlantic Firearms (placed an order yesterday for another AK from them) and I will always go to them first when I have a hankering for something that goes bang to see if they stock it.  They treat you like you matter.  Couple that with the best prices on the Internet in many cases and you simply can't lose by doing business with them.

Another thing I like about doing business with them is that they're accessible.  If you're Facebook user, check them out on Facebook.

I'm a fan and a loyal customer.

Yep, I've worked on/with large inventory systems in the past - with an inventory as large as Atlantic's has to be, these kinds of things will happen. But to filter through all of the emails they get, maintain a forum presence and actively reply to post on forums and facebook... That is hard to come by now-a-days. Not to mention, they answer their phone!
Link Posted: 3/31/2011 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#4]
This is why I paid more for my century arms ak74.  I could have gotten it for 50.00 cheaper somewhere else, however the peace of mind is worth the 50.00.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 8:08:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
So let me get this right. You ordered the rifle with the nice red stocks with the intention of putting all that tacticool stuff on it?

Glad to hear everything worked out fine.

Yes and no. The wood was going to be part of a from scratch build. I'll just use the surplus stuff now
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#7]
if i order an AK my dealer can't get i'll be ordering from atlantic
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 12:15:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Great to hear, I am thinking about making a purchase from them later this year, mostly based on good reviews like these.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Order from them anyway.. I'd rather pay an FFL fee than taxes ;)
W/the AR15 member discount, it's probably cheaper to order from Atlantic anyway.

Also need to add. My mags and swag showed up today. That's right. One day turnaround.
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 3:57:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Order from them anyway.. I'd rather pay an FFL fee than taxes ;)
W/the AR15 member discount, it's probably cheaper to order from Atlantic anyway.

Also need to add. My mags and swag showed up today. That's right. One day turnaround.

What is the discount?
Link Posted: 4/1/2011 4:38:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I could give you additional feedback on Atlantic but mine is the same as everyone else here...Atlantic Firearms is a great company to do business with.  They don't normally stock the SGL 21-71 but when I called and talked to them they ordered it for me anyway.  They stayed in touch with me throughout the process and got it to my FFL quicker than I thought possible.  Good bunch of folks, you won't go wrong dealing with them.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#12]
They sent you the nicer wood :)

I'd gladly take what they sent over that red looking shit...just my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/2/2011 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Atlantic is GTG for customer service.  No question about it.

Nice of you to relay the CS CS, but ehh, you should have went for the stock set.   I can't believe that you plan to replace it with the tacticool crap.  

But putting aside questions of taste, you could have sold the stock set for nearly enough to pay for the rails and slide stock.

Link Posted: 4/3/2011 6:31:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Atlantic is GTG for customer service.  No question about it.

Nice of you to relay the CS CS, but ehh, you should have went for the stock set.   I can't believe that you plan to replace it with the tacticool crap.  

But putting aside questions of taste, you could have sold the stock set for nearly enough to pay for the rails and slide stock.

lol, you AK traditionalist guys are funny.

I have a few AKs.. I don't have any with "tacticool crap" on them. So what if I want to build one that way for once? Same thing w/the guy above hating on the red, I have a couple of AK's w/old beat wood on them.. none with red. I had my reasons for my purchase. You don't need to approve. I also know what I could've sold the stock set for, but I already have all my (again) "tacticool crap" and would rather not deal w/selling, shipping, etc. I can always use more mags though Plus, who doesn't want a free t-shirt?

If I was doing this to an all original gun from 1974, sure.. I'd see your point.

Tacticool.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#15]
Hey buetang,
What do you think of the U.S. made chrome lined barrel on that rifle? Can you clearly tell if it's chrome lined? Most chrome lined barrels have a greyish dull look, not at all like barrel steel?
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 7:53:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Explain this please... I just ordered an SGL from them and didn't know about the AR15.com discount...

Link Posted: 4/3/2011 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Explain this please... I just ordered an SGL from them and didn't know about the AR15.com discount...

I didn't get the discount either. I found out after the fact that AR15 members get a discount. I think you just have to provide them w/your user name, etc.

Next time as I plan on ordering from Atlantic again, soon.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Hey buetang,
What do you think of the U.S. made chrome lined barrel on that rifle? Can you clearly tell if it's chrome lined? Most chrome lined barrels have a greyish dull look, not at all like barrel steel?

I got to put about 500rnds through the rifle yesterday. It shoots very well, and is as accurate as any of my AR rifles @ 50yrds.
I had the rifle complete broken down for cleaning, so I could see the barrel very well.. it is most certainly chrome lined. I'll get a picture of it for you when my wife gets back in town w/my Camera.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey buetang,

I got to put about 500rnds through the rifle yesterday. It shoots very well, and is as accurate as any of my AR rifles @ 50yrds.
I had the rifle complete broken down for cleaning, so I could see the barrel very well.. it is most certainly chrome lined. I'll get a picture of it for you when my wife gets back in town w/my Camera.

It's good to hear your have a good build there! I ordered an Interarms Polish Tantal from Atlantic on Friday....I wasn't sure if I should have ordered the Interarms or the Waffen Werks, I believe they both have US made chrome lined barrels. Atlantics sight specifies that the interarms rifle has a US made barrel, it doesn't specifically say the Waffen Werks barrel is US made or not, do you know if it is?
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 8:50:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hey buetang,

It's good to hear your have a good build there! I ordered an Interarms Polish Tantal from Atlantic on Friday....I wasn't sure if I should have ordered the Interarms or the Waffen Werks, I believe they both have US made chrome lined barrels. Atlantics sight specifies that the interarms rifle has a US made barrel, it doesn't specifically say the Waffen Werks barrel is US made or not, do you know if it is?

I'm honestly not sure man. I don't have any other 74's to compare it to either. I assumed it was US made, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone from Atlantic will see this and chime in. I think you made just as good of a choice as me @ the price point we paid. I ordered mine b/c of the finish applied to it, I thought it would look best w/the parts being put on it. Let me/us know what you think of the Tantal when it arrives.
Link Posted: 4/3/2011 10:13:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 7:07:26 AM EDT
[#22]
We've tested (3) Interarms AK-74's purchased from Atlantic Firearms which feature US made (Green Mountain) chrome lined barrels.  All 3 rifles are accurate and do not keyhole with an assortment of both military surplus and commercial ammo.
Link Posted: 4/4/2011 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Do you guys know if the Waffen rifles are made by Green Mountain as well?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top