Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2012 9:46:56 PM EDT
I'm trying to put a M1-B rail on a SLR 101s and there is a LOTTT of play as far as the sight block goes. The twisty lock that locks the rear end in place doesn't even touch it. I tried it in an SAR-1, and it was the same deal. The ultimak site doesn't say anything about a specific rail for the SLR 101s, so I picked the one for the AKM...
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Its made that way on purpose. It allows room for expansion. Center the Ultimak between the gas block and sight block.

http://ultimak.com/ShortGasTube.htm

Joseph
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 3:22:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Same thing on my Vepr model, roughly centered but biased a bit forward is what the directions say, do not mount all the way forward or all the way back. AK's are just like that, it's not a sealed gas system, there's loose tolerances all over the rifle, don't worry, it will work just fine.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 4:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
What they said....I'll be more impressed if you get the screw retainer blocks on without cross threading them a few times.....wait a freaking pain!
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 5:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Woohoo. Sounds like fun! How am I to make sure that the top of the rail is flat and not tilted to either side?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:30:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Curious, why are you using an Ulti-Mak on a 101-S? They have a rail on the side which is a better mounting option (IMO).
Did you already have that set up and not want to buy a side-mount rail or something?
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 7:30:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Woohoo. Sounds like fun! How am I to make sure that the top of the rail is flat and not tilted to either side?

Three levels: one on the table top, one on the rear sight block (lift up the leaf) and one on the ultimak.  

It really kind of "free floats" the barrel.  

Did you read the instructions?  It says it's supposed to touch neither the rear sight block nor the gas block.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 8:07:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

If it's tilted to either side it'll show with it's alignment in regards to the gas block or the Rear Sight Block.
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The Ultimak is designed to 'float' between the gas block and rear sight block, it's not supposed to touch either.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top