Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2005 2:15:01 PM EDT
What would you say is the most common nationality of AKs around the world?  Its seems the Romys and China made ones are, but that is just a guess.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:35:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Are you needing someone to argue with ?

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:36:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks huey ....

You put me on a nice mag !!

I owe you ...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
my bet is the soviet AK are the most plentiful throughout the world............you have to remember the soviets gave, or "loaned" them out to any country to favor that county to side with them, by the train car loads,  especially in africa, sub-sahara region, not to mention centeral American countries, and VN......which sided with the soviets after the fall of saigon.

next to the US, my bet is that the soviets gave out on credit, or payment more military hardware, ie. small arms, ammo,  tanks, aircraft, missiles then the US ever did..........if you look at any thrid world county's inventory of military equipment.........you'll see there are more MIGs in those country''s air forces, and T-series tanks, then there are countries with US made equipment......AKs were probably just a freebie for buying the big dollar stuff
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:38:25 PM EDT
[#4]
No prob my friend!!

I just kinda wanted everyones opinion on this.  I have been in the military and a cop for quite a few years, but have NO professional experience with AKs
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#5]
mobius is probably dead on the money ... Russia has been crankin' 'em out for 50yrs +

It's just a shame that I don't have one or 2 or 3 ......
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 2:46:28 PM EDT
[#6]
You know that original type 1 with that old heavy forged receiver and that wonderful drop on the buttstock will always hold a special place in my heart ....

I think I might cry ...  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:12:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Chinese.
Think how many troops they got in there military.
1 million at last published count.

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 5:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Chinese.
Think how many troops they got in there military.
1 million at last published count.

Chinese Military has moved on to this:
world.guns.ru/assault/as39-e.htm

Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:34:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we are forgetting about a major player in the arms dealin' business.
North Korea

They make AK's and they sell weapons to anyone who shares in their hatred of America.  So I'm sure there are more than a few North Korean AK's on a battlefied somewhere.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top