Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/12/2005 11:48:13 AM EDT
Walked up to see a guy handing a sar-1 over to a dealer. Went like this..

Me: You selling that?
Guy: Yeah.
Me: How much?
Guy: $250.
Dealer: Come on around the table and we'll do the paperwork.
Me: @#$%^#$

Me: You just got that for $250? You going to sell it?
Dealer: Yep.
Me: How much?
Dealer: $325
Me: Take 3 for it?
Dealer: Nope.

Then he put it out on the table for $350.

This is why i need hang out around the door at these things. You get first crack at anything that comes in the place. Oh well. Wasnt much else there. I was looking at some no-ban wasrs, but neither guy would come below $400.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Well i went back today and bought it for $320. The finish has a couple marks, but overall its pretty nice, straight blocks, wood is nice. I think thats a decent price, its the first SAR i've come across, and post ban WASRs were $375 there. No bans were all over $410.

And so it begins (again). Where can i get a folding stock for it? I think the romanian is what i'm looking for. I looked at a tapco folder and it wasnt too tight when open.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Its a good price.  Only price I can find SAR-1 around here for is $382 new.  Get a side folder from DPH arms.

www.dpharms.com/modules/shop/index.php?cPath=27
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah I hear what you mean a few korean gentlemen were standing at the front door at the last gun show when the guy in front of me (JSO officer)  walked in with a genuine HK MP5 fully automatic.
The korean guys asked "how much?" officer replied "15,000". And that shut them up quick, fast and in a hurry. I got to talk with the guy who eventually sold it for 12,000 dollars he bought it in 1992 or maybe 95 can't remember for 5,000 but his wife basically told him that he better not come back with it in his hands, so he got rid of it.  It was AWESOME!!!!!!

alot of good buys if you had the money bulgy slr milled reciever ak 47 for close to $660, lots of norinco ak's and colt LE/M AR's just short on $$$$
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:23:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, it was pretty funny cause me and the dealer probably had the exact same thoughts when the guy said $250. He had the gun in his hands though, and before i could say a word he laid down the "ok, come around the table.."

Get a side folder from DPH arms.

Are those pretty much the ones that are available now? I've read some people like the button one better, but as long as it locks up tight i dont think i'd care.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:42:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
yeah I hear what you mean a few korean gentlemen were standing at the front door at the last gun show when the guy in front of me (JSO officer)  walked in with a genuine HK MP5 fully automatic.
The korean guys asked "how much?" officer replied "15,000". And that shut them up quick, fast and in a hurry. I got to talk with the guy who eventually sold it for 12,000 dollars he bought it in 1992 or maybe 95 can't remember for 5,000 but his wife basically told him that he better not come back with it in his hands, so he got rid of it.  It was AWESOME!!!!!!

alot of good buys if you had the money bulgy slr milled reciever ak 47 for close to $660, lots of norinco ak's and colt LE/M AR's just short on $$$$

so did the guy sell it to a dealer or a private seller?

If he sold it privatley he is going to be meeting bubba.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Youre gonna be sick.......

I bought another SAR-1 last week for $215.00 slightly soiled [used]
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Awesome. I guess people just paid a lot less for these back in the day and dont know they're worth more now?
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Awesome. I guess people just paid a lot less for these back in the day and dont know they're worth more now?

I guess so. I thought the price was just screaming my name. What are SAR-1's worth these days? I really dont keep up on the prices as much as I should.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:37:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top