Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2005 7:25:45 AM EDT
I have an old russian parts kit that is milled, being somewhat new at this I was wondering if I should try to go with the expense of having this one built with a milled receiver or try to allow a gunsmith  build it with a stamphere
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Ohio Rapid Fire offers a Type 2:

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=4529865.11883*S614Z7&product=AK_Receivers&cart_id=4529865.11883*Yc8JC1

I am new to this stuff myself, but seeing as your parts are for a milled receiever, I would stick with the program and build on a milled receiver instead of trying to make the parts work on a flat.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#2]
a milled gun isnt for eveyone
by the tie its said and done you could easyly have 800 more into the gun
if you are new id say buy a stamped parts kit and go with that
1000 is more than most are willing to pay for an ak
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 11:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Check to see if it has a barrel pin. if not, your barrel is threaded and i'm told won't work in a stamped receiver.  Besides, your kit dosn't have a trunion.  The treaded milled receiver from Firing Line is expensive, about $400 then $200 if you want them to build it.  I saved and saved and went that route and now have a great AK.... from Russia with Love!!!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:42:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Up until the time I came here I didn't even know such an AK existed! LOL!

That must be a FINE shooting weapon you got there Breacher!
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:53:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Check to see if it has a barrel pin. if not, your barrel is threaded and i'm told won't work in a stamped receiver.  Besides, your kit dosn't have a trunion.  The treaded milled receiver from Firing Line is expensive, about $400 then $200 if you want them to build it.  I saved and saved and went that route and now have a great AK.... from Russia with Love!!!

Pix?

The Russian milled samples I have seen are very nice looking.

eta: PS: Is this it?

If so, that is one of the best looking I have seen. Anywhere.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:43:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Man, I love that gun.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top