Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 2:37:27 PM EDT
I searched everywhere I can think of, including here, but can't find anybody who makes what I want.

I'm looking for a rubber butt plate to replace the steel one on my standard combloc wood stock.  However, I want to keep the trap door that holds the cleaning kit.

I don't want a really thick pad, just enough to take the edge off of the recoil.  When shooting 500 rounds in a day for a class or whatnot the recoil with the steel buttplate gets to be a bit uncomfortable.

Anybody know of one?  Anybody know how to make one easily/inexpensively?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one a couple days ago and I think it was at   akforum.com

I can't remember if it was for sale or in a thread, but they are out there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:22:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.gunforall.com/shopcart/mcartfree/product.asp?intProdID=149774
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I searched everywhere I can think of, including here, but can't find anybody who makes what I want.

I'm looking for a rubber butt plate to replace the steel one on my standard combloc wood stock.  However, I want to keep the trap door that holds the cleaning kit.

I don't want a really thick pad, just enough to take the edge off of the recoil.  When shooting 500 rounds in a day for a class or whatnot the recoil with the steel buttplate gets to be a bit uncomfortable.

Anybody know of one?  Anybody know how to make one easily/inexpensively?

Made by TAPCO.  Works well, easy to install.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know if it's the same profile and shape as an AK buttstock, but Yugo SKS stocks have a rubber buttpad with a hole for the cleaning kit trap door.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:56:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I should add that I'm short and the factory length stock is about perfect for me, I don't need an inch and a half of rubber to bring it up to "normal American" length.

Also, I don't see anything from TAPCO to fit the standard wood stock.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top