Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2010 2:37:27 PM EDT
I searched everywhere I can think of, including here, but can't find anybody who makes what I want.

I'm looking for a rubber butt plate to replace the steel one on my standard combloc wood stock.  However, I want to keep the trap door that holds the cleaning kit.

I don't want a really thick pad, just enough to take the edge off of the recoil.  When shooting 500 rounds in a day for a class or whatnot the recoil with the steel buttplate gets to be a bit uncomfortable.

Anybody know of one?  Anybody know how to make one easily/inexpensively?
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 5:22:31 PM EDT
I saw one a couple days ago and I think it was at   akforum.com

I can't remember if it was for sale or in a thread, but they are out there.
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:22:49 PM EDT
Are you looking for something like this?

http://www.gunforall.com/shopcart/mcartfree/product.asp?intProdID=149774
Link Posted: 6/1/2010 6:25:10 PM EDT

Originally Posted By the_naked_prophet:

I searched everywhere I can think of, including here, but can't find anybody who makes what I want.

I'm looking for a rubber butt plate to replace the steel one on my standard combloc wood stock.  However, I want to keep the trap door that holds the cleaning kit.

I don't want a really thick pad, just enough to take the edge off of the recoil.  When shooting 500 rounds in a day for a class or whatnot the recoil with the steel buttplate gets to be a bit uncomfortable.

Anybody know of one?  Anybody know how to make one easily/inexpensively?

Made by TAPCO.  Works well, easy to install.

Link Posted: 6/1/2010 7:38:08 PM EDT
I don't know if it's the same profile and shape as an AK buttstock, but Yugo SKS stocks have a rubber buttpad with a hole for the cleaning kit trap door.
Link Posted: 6/2/2010 11:56:55 AM EDT
I guess I should add that I'm short and the factory length stock is about perfect for me, I don't need an inch and a half of rubber to bring it up to "normal American" length.

Also, I don't see anything from TAPCO to fit the standard wood stock.

Top Top