Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2006 2:59:09 PM EDT
Ok just ordered one of the CIA Yugo underfolders. It comes with two 30rd mags. I would like to add a lot more just to have on hand. Are the Yugos picky on what type of mags will work. Will the cheap steel Romanians work fine or should I stick to something else. Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 5:15:53 PM EDT
[#1]
any will probably work just fine with the yugo.
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 5:39:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Centerfire had a pretty gooddealon Yugo mags. I bought eight!

Remember,theYugo  mags are the only one with a bolt hold open feature.

Four used Yugo mags

efxguy
Link Posted: 10/12/2006 6:51:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Four used Yugo mags

efxguy

no, there are chinese mags that hold the bolt open too.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 6:41:05 PM EDT
[#4]
teh bolt hold open feature is a  VERY DUMB feature not original to AKs.

its stupid after the last round, you pull the mag out and the bolt slams forward....dumb idea

unless those mags are SUPER CHEAP, dont buy em'
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 7:18:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Four used Yugo mags

efxguy

no, there are chinese mags that hold the bolt open too.

not without modification

the BHO IS useful, you can feel the bolt lock back on the last shot. so you know when a reload is needed
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
teh bolt hold open feature is a  VERY DUMB feature not original to AKs.

its stupid after the last round, you pull the mag out and the bolt slams forward....dumb idea

unless those mags are SUPER CHEAP, dont buy em'

any person with a half a brain will realize that they need to hold the bolt back when they take the mag out. its not rocket science.... to most. its a cool little feature.
Link Posted: 10/18/2006 11:30:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up ten (30 round) used mags from CDNN.  They were in good shape as opposed to other used ones I have purchased.  9 of the 10 worked fine in my M70AB2.  I called them on the one that did not fit properly and they sent me another one for free.  The replacement took a lot more cleaning but it worked fine.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 2:28:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Got in two Bulgy mags and a couple of little chinese 5rders from K-var. The Bulgy's look greathey
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

any person with a half a brain will realize that they need to hold the bolt back when they take the mag out. its not rocket science.... to most. its a cool little feature.

HEHEH!!!
Then you must lack "half a brain"........since when did you need to hold the bold back when you take the mag out????????????????????

NEVER!!!!!!..

you even own an AK??

3 months ago, when the YUGO UF was being reviewed in SHOTGUN NEWS,...they even MENTIONED how STUPID the BHO feature is on those mags.!!!!!!!!

in fact, the author went out of his way to mention how DUMB that feature is........

every other make of AK mag ON EARTH doesnt hold the bolt open after the last round.....

theres a REASON for that to........ill let you think about the answer to that.....
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 5:28:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEHEH!!!
Then you must lack "half a brain"........since when did you need to hold the bold back when you take the mag out????????????????????

NEVER!!!!!!..

you even own an AK??

3 months ago, when the YUGO UF was being reviewed in SHOTGUN NEWS,...they even MENTIONED how STUPID the BHO feature is on those mags.!!!!!!!!

in fact, the author went out of his way to mention how DUMB that feature is........

every other make of AK mag ON EARTH doesnt hold the bolt open after the last round.....

theres a REASON for that to........ill let you think about the answer to that.....

unless you want the bolt to slam shut jackass, you need to hold it back when you remove the magazine. im about sick and tired of your bullshit. i wonder if this site has an IL feature like others. i guess you can be the first on my ignore list.
Link Posted: 10/23/2006 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

unless you want the bolt to slam shut jackass, you need to hold it back when you remove the magazine. im about sick and tired of your bullshit. i wonder if this site has an IL feature like others. i guess you can be the first on my ignore list.

now now, theres no need to get all hot and bothered and cursing people..

calm down for petes sake..
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:30:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

HEHEH!!!

NEVER!!!!!!..

you even own an AK??

do you think its going to hurt the gun by letting the bolt return that way??   I dont understand why you would think that?  where did you get your training?  are you special forces? SEAL?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#13]
My take is that the BHO feature is for safety reasons such as a possible hangfire situation.

Comments welcome.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top