Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2004 3:49:25 PM EDT
Are Maadi receivers suitable as a donor receiver for a quasi almost Russian AKM build? If so which model would be the best? (no angle cut.) Are the serial numbers on the trunnion or where?Sorry, I don't know much about them. Any help would be appreciated.
TIA
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
The MISR90 rec's are for the most part all angle cut w/no sn -- it's on the trunion The  other MISR's and ARM's, Intrac and Pars etc are Russian pattern AKM all the way -- even built on Russian tooling. I believe all SN's are onthe trunions. You probably need to keep the trunion due to the SN. I may be wrong but I don't think you are allowed to remove the rec. from the trunion on these, unless you transfer the SN to the rec..
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I wanted to use the trunnion that came with the kit. I suppose you can't do that due to the serial number issue.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top