Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:01:28 PM EDT
.....But now it runs like a champ.....there was some discussion on this forum earlier in the year about Romanian AK's jamming while using hollowpoints, and mine did it just like several others have..I think I've got mine working pretty good now, and thought I'd post my solution so maybe someone else might benefit....What I did was to slightly bend up and out the front part of the magazine feed lips...this caused the top bullet to slightly tilt upwards when the bolt was back and help the round feed into tha chamber easier...It seems to make hollowpoints feed satisfactoraly, and also seems to make FMJ rounds feed easier....Of course I need more ammo to fully test this, but yesterday I took it to the range, and the rifle seemed to work flawlessly....the more I shoot this gun the more I like it...If anyone wants to mail me more ammo for my continued experimental research, let me know, I'll send you my snailmail!! Have a good'un!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I guess no one gives a shit...I guess I'll go pound sand......or do this....

Anyways, It makes me happy that at least my rifle works better! Cheers!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
 Did your fix work with all the magazines you modified?  Chinese rifles have a reputation for not feeding HP's, wonder if this would work with them.  You could be something of a savior here.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Kinda touchy aren't you?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda touchy aren't you?

No, I was just joking actually....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:40:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
 Did your fix work with all the magazines you modified?  Chinese rifles have a reputation for not feeding HP's, wonder if this would work with them.  You could be something of a savior here.

Yes, It worked with every magazine I modified...be carefull though, because if you bend the feedlips up too much, the rounds won't stay in too good, and the mag won't go in the rifle correctly...Good-Luck!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Kinda touchy aren't you?

No, I was just joking actually....

So was I.  I just forgot the
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top