Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2003 8:07:49 PM EDT
I'VE BEEN ON THR AR15 FORUM FOR A MONTH OR SO AND DECIDED TO PEEK INTO THE AK FORUM TO SEE WHAT'S UP. I'M NOT UP ON THE LATEST CIVILIAN AK'S. I BOUGHT A CHINESE NORINCO MAK 90 AROUND 1994. IT SHOOTS GREAT. IT HAS A BLACK BOLT UNLIKE MANY NORINCO MAK 90'S. REALLY NICE BLUED AND WOOD FINISH AND 100% RELIABLE. I'VE COMPARED IT TO THE ROMANIAN AK'S AND THERE IS NO DOUBT THAT MY CHINESE MAK 90 IS FAR SUPERIOR. HOW GOOD ARE THE MAK 90'S IN YOUR EYES? I'VE GOT 2 NEW NORINCO SKS'S AND THEY ARE BOTH MILLED AND VERY HIGH QUALITY. ALL OF THESE NORINCO'S ARE CHROME LINED AND I HAVE NEVER EXPERIENCE A JAM EXCEPT WITH ONE AK MAG THAT WAS DEFECTIVE. PAID $249.00 FOR THE STAMPED MAK 90 AND $100.00 FOR THE STANDARD MILLED SKS AND $135.00 FOR THE MILLED PARATROOPER SKS.

LIKE TO KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THESE COMPARED TO WHAT IS BEING SOLD CURRENTLY.    BILLY XM15
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:48:13 PM EDT
[#1]
No need to shout!  

I think your assesment is correct.  The Mak90 is a nice AK.  Needs the thumbhole to be replaced, but that's about it.  

Current production AKs that exceed it's quality are pretty much limited to the Arsenal SA-M7 series.  

Other then that, the Mak beats most all.  
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#2]
My Pre Ban Norinco Has/had a black bolt and carrier...It's not so black anymore....
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 4:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
The Chinese AKs are most excellent.

I have a MAK-90 in retrofit right now.  Re-barreling to get rid of the "neutered" look.

KF
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:35:14 AM EDT
[#5]
I have shot my MAK-90 more than all other AKs combined.  It is a nice rifle.  I like it better than the Romanian rifles out there now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#6]
If the ban were to end next year, then would it be legal to put goodies on a mak-90 (folding stock, pistol grip, etc..)?
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#7]
If the AWB sunsets without renewal next year, the MAK 90 is still subject to the import ban of 89.  You will still need to install enough parts to have 10 or less foreign parts.  Once that is done, and there is no ban, you could have the other "evil" features.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 12/20/2003 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If the AWB sunsets without renewal next year, the MAK 90 is still subject to the import ban of 89.  You will still need to install enough parts to have 10 or less foreign parts.  Once that is done, and there is no ban, you could have the other "evil" features.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct!

Because of this, I expect the cost of Mak's to skyrocket and "Preban" chinese rifles to go way down after the sunset.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Well have to see what the ATF says but I think the whole 10 parts from US will dissappear. HOWEVER,most Chinese weapons are offically banned that is not part of the 94AWB so unless this ban is lifted no more MAK or other norinco won't make it in.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#10]
i love my mak. ive never seen a black bolt, always silver.
Link Posted: 12/21/2003 2:23:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I think we may very well see new MAK90s entering the country.  

The ban on the importation of Norinco products is merely a form of economic sactioning.  The next time the Chinese do something for us or have something we want, it will probably go away.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2003 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#12]
how can you prove that you have 10 u.s. parts in it? with a dremel tool? i just replaced the stock w/ an ak47 one. no one will ever check. just another retarted law that all vets can disregard. as far as makind a true m4 carbine w/ a post ban lower, now that seems a little more obvious and easier to check #'s Billy
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top