Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2011 8:29:51 PM EDT
Good evening everybody
I have a yugoslavian m 64 demill kit that I bought from apex about 3 years ago. I am ready to send it to mat for a rebuild.
I just have some general questions about the rifle. I was hoping I could tap into the plethora of knowledge on this forum.  
Here are my questions and no particular order.
1. What would be the correct finish for the rifle? deep dark blued,black ect. I have heard of some guys spray paint them with 1200 degree paint. My goal is to build as accurate rifle as I can.

2 since this rifle supposably a yugoslavian underfolder. And my particular rifle has the serbian cross with the c's in it on the forearm is there a way to kind of closely identify it with a particular conflict.  

4 with the way my receiver was torched  I do not know the manufacturer is there anyway to find out?
I also had bought an m64 fixed stock at the same time that was Zastiva so may be this one also.

5 and lastly engraving is there a way to get factory looking engraving done on the rifles after it is assembled?
Like I said I am assembling a piece of history and I would like it to at least look like the real thing
if it will help I can post pictures in the am I am at work at the moment and cannot post any pics at the moment.

I believe this rifle at least saw service in the serbian bosnian war. But any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much
Link Posted: 4/30/2011 8:46:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Good evening everybody

I have a yugoslavian m 64 demill kit that I bought from apex about 3 years ago. I am ready to send it to mat for a rebuild.

I just have some general questions about the rifle. I was hoping I could tap into the plethora of knowledge on this forum.  

Here are my questions and no particular order.

1. What would be the correct finish for the rifle? deep dark blued,black ect. I have heard of some guys spray paint them with 1200 degree paint. My goal is to build as accurate rifle as I can.

2 since this rifle supposably a yugoslavian underfolder. And my particular rifle has the serbian cross with the c's in it on the forearm is there a way to kind of closely identify it with a particular conflict.  

4 with the way my receiver was torched  I do not know the manufacturer is there anyway to find out?

I also had bought an m64 fixed stock at the same time that was Zastiva so may be this one also.

5 and lastly engraving is there a way to get factory looking engraving done on the rifles after it is assembled?

Like I said I am assembling a piece of history and I would like it to at least look like the real thing

if it will help I can post pictures in the am I am at work at the moment and cannot post any pics at the moment.

I believe this rifle at least saw service in the serbian bosnian war. But any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much

I have a M64 re-weld done by Matt and the work is top notch, I am very happy with it.

Like other Yugos, M64s were hot blued by Zastava.

To the best of my knowledge, Zastava produced all it's receivers in-house.  I am not aware of any outside suppliers.

Mario at POHF specializes in engraving Yugos, his work is very authentic.  He would also be a good choice for the hot bluing.  You could get both done at the same time (one stop shopping).

Link Posted: 5/1/2011 2:06:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Excellent thank you very very much for the info about POHF. Something like that is exactly what I was looking for. Has anyone hear him a restoration done by POHF. I definitely do not have a problem using matt but to save shipping back and forth I may use him.

Thanks
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top