Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 6:25:09 AM EDT
TAPCO is offering their SAW style grip for the AK now.  Has anyone seen one or tried one out?

They look pretty distinctive, and the grip ont he real M249 isn't bad, but I'd like to hear from someone who's seen/held onto it.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one for the FAL I'm stalled on building. It's real comfortable. A handfull without being too big. I'm sure the AK grip would be the same.

I just bought an SAR-1 and was amazed at the tiny pistol grip. My first thought was to replace it with the TAPCO grip. But after a trip to the range I don't mind the tiny grip.

Now that short buttstoke is another story.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one on my 74, shot it, and IMMEDIATELY oredered another one for my 47.

In conjunction with RSA trigger group, the difference is like comparing the way a stock Tokarev shoots to the way your favorite super-tuned 1911 shoots.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 8:36:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I turned a SAR 1 into a AMD 65 looking rifle. I put a SAW (Tapco) grip on it. Very nice. Feels really good .WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:38:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Well then, I guess another TAPCO order is in the cards.  I hate ordering from them.  It always starts out as a simple one or two things to get, and ends up a couple hundred bucks of all sorts of things I figured out I needed!

Ross
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:35:10 PM EDT
[#5]
just ordered one.  19.99..  what the hell.

:)

I'll post a pic after it gets here in a few weeks.

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#6]
It looks Walt Disney F**** Goofy, to me any ways.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 3:23:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Mine came in a couple days after Isabel.  I was pretty bored without power, so I was glad to see it.  It seemed at first to be too big when I was just holding it in my hand, unattatched.  Once I installed it though, it feels perfect.  I mean it really feels nice.  Installation was a breeze, though it took me about 30seconds of looking at it to figure it out.  There were no instructions, but you really don't need any.  The trapdoor's kinda cool, though I don't know what will go in there.  

All in all, pretty good product.  

Ross
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#8]
We are glad to hear that you all like the new grip. It really does look and feel great. Much better than the skinny original.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Hey Tony,

Are these available in O.D. Green like the FAL grip? I've looked in your catalog and on your website and don't see it, but I thought I saw somewhere that they O.D. Green was going to be available too.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#10]
pic
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 12:43:01 PM EDT
[#11]
We might run some in OD, when has yet to be determined.

Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Heh, heh, I went by the RPB table to say hello to Russ at last weekend's gun show, and he sold me 2 for $30 - one for the AK and one for the FAL.  I'm going to use the former on my Saiga conversion.

Russ was having a good day.  He was selling 5-paks of NIW L85(Brit M16) mags for $70, and unissued Yugo SKS' for $125.  He also had a few MPA-971s with the drum mags (thank you, TAPCO).
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#13]
I was going to order one of these... but alas... until something similar comes onto the market I'll stick with a standard AK grip or maybe an Ergo type grip.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top