Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2003 10:15:01 AM EDT
I had emailed Atlantic with a question re the SAM-7 and with their reply Atlantic informed me the SAM-7 and the SLR-101 (and the SAM-7S and the SLR-101S) were the same rifle.  I 'believe' the SLR-101's were a couple of bucks cheaper.

Probably most of this group already knew this but there seem to be a few new guys, like me, around this forum.

Edited to add:  If anyone has different info re the SAM-7 and the SLR-101 please let me know.  I've bought an SAR-2 and am working on a SAM-7.  You guys already got me hooked !!  Maybe worse you've even got me considering "PLUM FURNITURE."

If I add a SAM-7/SAM-7S and have an SAR-2 what would be a good third AK  ??  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#1]
www.arsenalinc.com/

It appears the SLR101s is a thumbhole stocked version according to the website.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:29:21 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
www.arsenalinc.com/

It appears the SLR101s is a thumbhole stocked version according to the website.

Well, the info did come from Atlantic.  I knew I didn't know enough to be sure and that's why I posted.  Somehow I liked the idea of a SAM-7S better anyway.  Probably because I don't recall any of you guys mentioning the SLR-101S.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:16:34 PM EDT
[#3]
the 101s starts out as a single stack low cap version.  Arsenal mills some of them out for high cap and installs the lower tang for the regular butt stocks.

FAC sells them in 4 versions.  Low cap thumbhole, high cap black stock, high cap green stock, and I believe one other.  None of them accept the cleaning rod which sets them apart from the SAM-7 series.

Brick
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#4]
The two rifles ARE NOT THE SAME.

The SLR-101 are Bulgarian receivered rifles that are brought in as single stack thumbhole stocked guns that are then milled out to accept the standard capacity magazines and have enough US parts installed to be legal with the pistol grip.

The SA-M7 and M7S are rifles that have newly forged and milled receivers made here in the USA by Bulgarian technicians.  They are then built using Bulgarian barrels and parts, all of them new, with enough US made parts (again made by Bulgarian techs to Bulgarian specs) to have the seperate pistol grip stock set.

The SA-M7 series are also better fit and finished, and the cleaning rod fits up under the barrel as well.

If you can swing it, definitely go with the SA-M7 series, but the SLR-101 is a nice rifle too, but you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:22:30 AM EDT
[#5]
SA M7 carbine if you can find one. I love mine.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:30:33 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I had emailed Atlantic with a question re the SAM-7 and with their reply Atlantic informed me the SAM-7 and the SLR-101 (and the SAM-7S and the SLR-101S) were the same rifle.  I 'believe' the SLR-101's were a couple of bucks cheaper.

Probably most of this group already knew this but there seem to be a few new guys, like me, around this forum.

Edited to add:  If anyone has different info re the SAM-7 and the SLR-101 please let me know.  I've bought an SAR-2 and am working on a SAM-7.  You guys already got me hooked !!  Maybe worse you've even got me considering "PLUM FURNITURE."

If I add a SAM-7/SAM-7S and have an SAR-2 what would be a good third AK  ??  

I just thought I would say depending on what part of Oklahoma your in you might want to checkout D and B Gold in Moore. He is the Oklahoma dealer for Arsenal Inc. I bought Mine used from him for $525 out the door. It was used but only fired once or twice.
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 3:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top