Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 9:16:35 AM EDT
Hi!

Do any of you own any Krinks by Ohio Rapid Fire?
What do you think?  High Quality, suggestions to change, They build a great AK, but do they build a great Krink?  ANY information would be greatly appreciated.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I had the pleasure of firing one and all I can say is that the quality is excellent and that you would not be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldn't let this go by.  I've got one.  They built it on request, and did within a time limit.  Simply outstanding fit and finish.  I opted for the PB5 fake can, till I can SBR it.  I love it.  Its a short range gun, but man, what a blaster.  If you really want a Krink, you simply can't go wrong.  I can't recommend it highly enough.  In fact I need to get around to writing a review.  I hear InRange does an excellent one too.  One of the best $1k I've spent.  I'm a very satisfied customer.  You will be too, I gurantee it.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 12:51:54 PM EDT
[#3]
OK, I have a (stupid) question.

What makes a Krink special?
Or, in other words, what features make an AK into a Krink?

Sorry for the ignorance, I've been playing with ARs for fifteen+ years, but I've never even fired an AK. The closest to an AK was the SKS I once owned. (I know - not the same thing).

I'm just curious. I'm in for the SEAK deal, and I'm excited about it. I also want to get an AK in 7.62 x 39, but I know NOTHING about them. I guess that I need to take a scouting mission down to ORF and gather some intel.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OK, I have a (stupid) question.

What makes a Krink special?
Or, in other words, what features make an AK into a Krink?

Sorry for the ignorance, I've been playing with ARs for fifteen+ years, but I've never even fired an AK. The closest to an AK was the SKS I once owned. (I know - not the same thing).

I'm just curious. I'm in for the SEAK deal, and I'm excited about it. I also want to get an AK in 7.62 x 39, but I know NOTHING about them. I guess that I need to take a scouting mission down to ORF and gather some intel.

To answer your questions....

1. Because Krinkovs are just too cool.....

2. Watch your fingers on the handguard....Krinkovs and AKs in general like to burn your fingers...

3. Congratulations on deciding to buy a SEAK.  You won't find a nicer AK....

4. Last but not least...everyone deserves a field trip to ORF...

KF
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:06:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Krinkfreak,

So, how are ORF's Krinks?  I want one in 5.45 to match the SEAK.  Anything I should ask for special?

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:29:27 PM EDT
[#6]
What Raptor isn't telling you is it took a can of pepper spray and several blows from tire iron to get my Krinkov back... before he played with my Krinkov he wasn't even an AK man...  now, the boy is just plain scary!
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 2:52:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I love my ORF Krink!!
Ive got 2 ORF rifles so far, and am happy.
here is my ORF built AK-74 and AKS-74U Krink with faux PBS
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:28:12 PM EDT
[#8]
ORF produces high quality products, and their customer service is tops.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:05:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Slash,

here ya go

Krinkovs

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#10]
JTR8541,

Damn!  I thought I had few guns...man!  I'll have to show my wife that picture  - then maybe she'll leave me alone!!  Very sweet...Although, I believe I will need the fake 'can' supressor on my mine to increase the bbl length to 16".

What is the over length on a krink with that 16" bbl?

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:16:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Unfortunately, none of those weapons are mine. Wish they were.

Those are just pics I’ve kept on file, inspiration you might call it.

I have no idea about the 16-inch stuff. I’m an avid fan of the SBR and feel that it is worth my extra $200 to have them. I don’t know if they’re legal in WI, you might want to look into it though.

Best regards, J
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:07:07 AM EDT
[#12]
My question still stands - Other than a 'skeleton' stock, what is different on a Krink vs. a standard AK?

Come on, help a newbie out here fellas!
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 6:12:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My question still stands - Other than a 'skeleton' stock, what is different on a Krink vs. a standard AK?

Well the sites for one are different.
The piston is shorter.

Link Posted: 12/17/2003 9:43:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I just got off the phone with Todd @ ORF.  The 5.45 krink is purchased and should be sent in 2-3 weeks.   I went with the black finish w/ pbs5 can. I will post pictures when the new baby arrives!   I think one of my AR's is going to get the boot out of my display gun case....  
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Krinkov has a shorter barrel, and a hinged top cover.

It's just an AK in a smaller package.

KF
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:57:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The pictures above show the largest batch of Krinkovs built at one time by InRange of Tennessee.  The other photo with the fireball was my buddy shooting an InRange Krinkov at Knob Creek in October.

KF
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Krinkfreak,

So, how are ORF's Krinks?  I want one in 5.45 to match the SEAK.  Anything I should ask for special?

I own three Krinkovs.  One in each caliber.  The ORF Krinkov is chambered for 5.56 and shoots like a dream.  No need to ask for anything special other than the addition of the side scope mount rail.  You never know when you may want to put some type of optics package on your Krinkov.

KF

The one on top is the ORF Krinkov...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top