Its great being able to buy a 4-pack of AK47 magazines for around $30 isn't it? Well, folks the good times may not last for long. As many of you know, 2004 could be a victory or a huge loss for us gun owners.
Since this is a magazine forum and I also want to be able to buy AK magazines for cheap please visit this site: www.awbansunset.com and do what you can for this fight!
I am sure you don't want your magazines to start saying "For LE/Govt Use Only" on them in a few years do you? Pre-Ban AK magazine stockpiles will not last forever. Lets all do what we can to get rid of this blemish in American history of firearm ownership and keep our AK magazines restriction free in the future!
To further the pressure on our elected officials you may also want to call, write and e-mail the following people:
(Thanks goes out to The_Macallan for letting me Cut & Paste the following information!)
We need to SUPPORT and ENCOURAGE these particular House members because they have these and all other anti-RKBA bills in THEIR hands right NOW.
The Senate is almost a lost cause - but we have strength in the House and THAT'S where we need to focus our efforts - and our emails, letters and phone calls.
108th US Congress -
HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE -
(this is where all gun-control bills are introduced in the House)
Chairman - Rep. F. James Sensenbrenner Jr., R-WI: GOA rating: A
HOUSE JUDICIARY SUBCOMMITTEE ON CRIME, TERRORISM, AND HOMELAND SECURITY -
(this is the judiciary subcommittee that is the first to vote on (or bury) all gun-control bills)
Chairman - Rep. Howard Coble, R-NC: GOA rating: A
Subcommittee Members -
* Rep. Tom Feeney, R-FL: GOA rating: A
* Rep. Rick Keller, R-FL: GOA rating: A
* Rep. Mike Pence, R-IN: GOA rating: A
* Rep. Bob Goodlatte, R-VA: GOA rating: A-
* Rep. Randy Forbes, R-VA: GOA rating: A-
* Rep. Steve Chabot, R-OH: GOA rating: A-
* Rep. Mark Green, R-WI: GOA rating: B-
* Rep. Robert Scott, D-VA: GOA rating: F-
* Rep. Adam Schiff, D-CA: GOA rating: F-
* Rep. Sheila Jackson-Lee, D-TX: GOA rating: F-
* Rep. Maxine Waters, D-CA: GOA rating: F-
* Rep. Martin Meehan, D-MA: GOA rating: F-
HOUSE MAJORITY WHIP -
(this is who is most responsible for either "moving" or "sidetracking" bills in the House)
* Rep. Tom DeLay, R-TX: GOA rating: A
Just look at that straight-A line-up!
THIS is what a Republican-majority can do - but the battle's just beginning now!
This is our BEST chance to kill these kinds of bills.
Now we can piss and moan all we want to about what bills are introduced and who introduced them - but THESE PEOPLE are the ones who can keep or kill them.
Contact them and let them know that these anti-gun bills are blatant violations of the 2nd Amendment and "remind" them that the 'gun-control' issue was a MAJOR factor in the success of conservative Republicans in both the 2000 and 2002 elections and will continue to be so in the future.
And if you live in any of these Rep's States (or better yet their districts) you MUST contact them OFTEN and let them hear from the people who will be voting in their next election.
...it only takes EIGHT people in this one subcommittee to bury these bills - DEAD.
Brief History Of AWB And Voting Record Of Republicans On House Judiciary Subcommittee On Crime, Terrorism And Homeland Security:
1994 Assault Weapons Ban (103rd Congress, 5/5/94):
H.R. 4296 (Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act) that bans the manufacture, transfer, or possession of semi-automatic assault weapons. This measure is similar to the amendment to the Senate-passed crime bill, sponsored by Senator Dianne Feinstein. The bill passed 216-214. (by ONE FRICKIN' VOTE!!!)
Final Passage of 1994 Crime Bill (103rd Congress, 8/21/94):
The Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994, containing a ban on semi-automatic assault weapons and a ban on juvenile possession of handguns. The bill passed 235-195. Signed into law by Clinton on September 13, 1994 (P.L.103-322).
1996 Repeal of the Assault Weapons Ban (104th Congress, 3/22/96):
H.R. 125, "The Gun Crime Enforcement and Second Amendment Restoration Act of 1996." Repeal of the federal assault weapon ban originally passed in the 1994 crime bill. The bill passed 239-173. The Senate never voted on the bill to repeal the AWB.
How They Voted: '94 AWB / Final '94 Crime Bill+AWB / '96 Repeal of AWB
HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE CHAIRMAN:
* Sensenbrenner, R-WI = NO / NO / YES
* Coble, R-NC = NO / NO / YES (has NEVER voted in favor of ANY gun-control bill)
* Goodlatte, R-VA = NO / NO / YES (has NEVER voted in favor of ANY gun-control bill)
* Chabot, R-OH = Not around in '94 but voted YES to '96 Repeal of AWB.
* Forbes, R-VA = Not around in '94 but voted YES to '96 Repeal of AWB (but he likes gun-show background checks)
* Green, R-WI = Not around in '94 or '96 (but has 8/9 pro-RKBA voting record)
* Keller, R-FL = Not around in '94 or '96 (but has 4/4 pro-RKBA voting record)
* Pence, R-IN = Not around in '94 or '96 (but has 4/4 pro-RKBA voting record)
* Feeney, R-FL = NEWBIE ALERT (has 1/1 pro-RKBA voting record - yes to HR1036)
HOUSE MAJORITY WHIP:
* DeLay, R-TX = NO / NO / YES (has NEVER voted in favor of ANY gun-control bill)
SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE:
* Hastert, R-IL = NO / NO / YES (has NEVER voted in favor of ANY gun-control bill)
Now THIS is what voting for Republicans will get you - a virtually STACKED pro-RKBA House Leadership and Subcommittee majority!!
But we MUST keep the pressure on these guys - ESPECIALLY the newer House members!!
Contact YOUR Representative HERE!
Write LETTERS, make PHONE CALLS as well as sending emails!!!
Remember, this one is OURS - to win or lose!!!
LET'EM HEAR FROM YOU!!!
Priority A-1 with Feinstein et al is banning the import of mags over 10 rounds. This means mostly AK mags.
I thought now was a proper time to give this thread a bump.
i agree m4
Lets give Fienstien the Schroder technique of the U.S.Dept. of Defense did 1976 in the Great state of Colorado. A.K.A. Pay every thing in coin silver dollars (Eisenhowers)for one day. Came out to about 4 million of the big fellows in Denver alone. Been a big supporter of the troops ever since.
Lets keep the fight going!