Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 7:09:55 AM EDT
I just received 2 of them last night after I got home from work, I can get them to "go in" to the gun but they're not fitting properly. Anyone else have a problem with this? Are these file to fit mags? Do you recomment filing to fit? Or should I auction these offand buy elsewhere?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok, well, since there was no resolution here I went ahead and hand filed small grooves in the back of the mag  and it pops in wonderfully.  I can provide pics if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:16:50 AM EDT
[#2]
That is somewhat strange. I have several K-VAR purchased Bulgarian polymer mags.
They all fit fine in my VEPR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
You never posted what type of rifle you were trying to put them in, I had to file the mag bay on my Wasr a little to get the Polish and Bulgarian Poly mags to fit. They now fit nice a snug the way I like.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought 7 of them for my Arsenal USA SSR-85B, and had to slightly file every one. Most needed just a quick touchup, but 2 needed more work. Ah well...now they all fit well enough, and I like the weight reduction. Not to mention that they're alot more rust-resistant.

I wish they'd come down a little more in price though. $11ish at Kvar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Just got a couple for my Arsenal Inc. SA M-7S. Went in fine, but at-first a little tight to get back out -- had to really mash hard on the release. Then shot 30 rnd's from each and now work great all the way round.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:09:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I was trying to fit them in a WASR-10. I got them to fit, used them last weekend when I shot about 120 rounds through the gun :D Damn was that a blast. The worst, ABSOLUTE WORST, part was that I had my brand new Nextel video phone on my belt and not once did I get my little bro to take video.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 7:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Man, I have dozens of mags from K-Var and from the now gone Chief Thunder... they all have worked great.

Albiet... back a few months ago... I got some of the Polish 7.62 mags and two of them had to be filed so that I could remove them from the rifle! Yes, once they were in, it was a biatch to get them out ofthe rifle... so, I did some filing on the back lever (or whatever its called in AK magazine parlance)...thinned it a bit so it would work better... since then... no problem at all.

Y-
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#8]
My vepr takes any of the properly built mags without any problems. In fact, the polymer mags are drop-free mags if you have some rounds in there (to add extra weight).

AMD 20rd steel mags are also drop-free for my Vepr.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top