Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/6/2004 6:09:55 AM EST
I just received 2 of them last night after I got home from work, I can get them to "go in" to the gun but they're not fitting properly. Anyone else have a problem with this? Are these file to fit mags? Do you recomment filing to fit? Or should I auction these offand buy elsewhere?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:35:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 3:52:09 PM EST by RedIrocZ-28]
Ok, well, since there was no resolution here I went ahead and hand filed small grooves in the back of the mag and it pops in wonderfully. I can provide pics if anyone is interested.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:16:50 AM EST
That is somewhat strange. I have several K-VAR purchased Bulgarian polymer mags.
They all fit fine in my VEPR.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:33:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 6:34:33 PM EST by OsirisX]
You never posted what type of rifle you were trying to put them in, I had to file the mag bay on my Wasr a little to get the Polish and Bulgarian Poly mags to fit. They now fit nice a snug the way I like.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 7:07:00 PM EST
I bought 7 of them for my Arsenal USA SSR-85B, and had to slightly file every one. Most needed just a quick touchup, but 2 needed more work. Ah well...now they all fit well enough, and I like the weight reduction. Not to mention that they're alot more rust-resistant.

I wish they'd come down a little more in price though. $11ish at Kvar.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:15:38 AM EST
Just got a couple for my Arsenal Inc. SA M-7S. Went in fine, but at-first a little tight to get back out -- had to really mash hard on the release. Then shot 30 rnd's from each and now work great all the way round.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:09:13 PM EST
I was trying to fit them in a WASR-10. I got them to fit, used them last weekend when I shot about 120 rounds through the gun :D Damn was that a blast. The worst, ABSOLUTE WORST, part was that I had my brand new Nextel video phone on my belt and not once did I get my little bro to take video.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:35:17 PM EST
Man, I have dozens of mags from K-Var and from the now gone Chief Thunder... they all have worked great.

Albiet... back a few months ago... I got some of the Polish 7.62 mags and two of them had to be filed so that I could remove them from the rifle! Yes, once they were in, it was a biatch to get them out ofthe rifle... so, I did some filing on the back lever (or whatever its called in AK magazine parlance)...thinned it a bit so it would work better... since then... no problem at all.

Y-
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 4:28:17 AM EST
My vepr takes any of the properly built mags without any problems. In fact, the polymer mags are drop-free mags if you have some rounds in there (to add extra weight).

AMD 20rd steel mags are also drop-free for my Vepr.
Top Top