Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2008 7:20:08 AM EDT
  I didnt get any hits on a search for tac47 so whats the consensus on the Primary Weapons J-Tac47 comp?  I currently have a 74 brake on my ak build and am looking into alternatives.   Since i unfortunatly only have a semi auto ak how effective is this comp in real terms?  If you can compare it to a muzzle mounted 74 brake (not sight mounted).  

On a side note have any of you found a way to close the gap on the muzzle so a muzzle devise will have a solid stop?  With nothing i can rock mine a fair amount considering where it is.  I thought about just adding in a plastic washer but havent tried it yet.  I wouldnt think the heat would melt that at the end of the barrel but it wouldnt be the first time i was wrong.  I guess i could use a metal washer but one with that dia hole would be thicker and harder to thin out to size.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
  I didnt get any hits on a search for tac47 so whats the consensus on the Primary Weapons J-Tac47 comp?  I currently have a 74 brake on my ak build and am looking into alternatives.   Since i unfortunatly only have a semi auto ak how effective is this comp in real terms?  If you can compare it to a muzzle mounted 74 brake (not sight mounted).  

On a side note have any of you found a way to close the gap on the muzzle so a muzzle devise will have a solid stop?  With nothing i can rock mine a fair amount considering where it is.  I thought about just adding in a plastic washer but havent tried it yet.  I wouldnt think the heat would melt that at the end of the barrel but it wouldnt be the first time i was wrong.  I guess i could use a metal washer but one with that dia hole would be thicker and harder to thin out to size.  

I just recently ordered the J-Tac47 from AIM surplus. They have the best price IMO.(link) To the best of my experiences, I think it does work to keep the muzle down and I have not noticed as much noise as the AK brake on my Bushmaster rifle had. I had to readjust my sights as I am now shooting low with the addition of the J-Tac47 compensator. This may be because of the lesser muzzle rise.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:52:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply aceduece.

Has anyone else had any experience with this muzzle brake?  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:12:31 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks for the reply aceduece.

Has anyone else had any experience with this muzzle brake?  

This is from fellow ARFCOMER: GilenusX207, and this is what he says about his JTAC-47, to include pic:

Quoted:
"I have the regular length one on my kit build. It works really well, but if you are worried about muzzle blast go with something else. If they had the longer version out when I bought mine I may have gotten it instead just for added weight at the muzzle."

Quoted:
Recoil isn't really reduced all too much. It is designed to redirect the firing gases upward to reduce muzzle climb and allow you to re-establish your sight picture faster."

Quoted:
Mine is the only AK in the video (was taken at an ARFCOM shoot, before the new KVAR furniture). At 1:11 the AK action starts (I'm the dork in full multicam). What you see is what you should expect, as long as your shooting position is solid."

youtube.com/watch?v=qxrdG-gjRkU
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:11:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I replaced the slant brake on my SAR-1 with the JTAC-47 and there is a very noticeable difference in accuracy, felt recoil, and target acquisition for follow-up shots. It rates right up there with the LULA loader.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I replaced the slant brake on my SAR-1 with the JTAC-47 and there is a very noticeable difference in accuracy, felt recoil, and target acquisition for follow-up shots. It rates right up there with the LULA loader.

Is the difference in accuracry for the better? (I hope).
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:26:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I would think so because of how it attaches.   Not only is it probably turned and machined to a tighter tolerance but it comes with that high temp oring to keep it from moving like atleast my 74 brake and slant do.  

Have any of you who own one done a side to side with a 74 brake to see how much less it acts like a brake than that.  From what ive read that seems to be the benchmark on ak brakes.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#7]
For what it's worth, here is another pic of the comp insatalled. Again as stated above, it does soften muzzle rise.  = faster target aquisition. Not to sure about recoil cause I installed a BJ Buffer at the same time as the comp which between the two equates to less felt recoil. Good combo.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top