Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:05:46 AM EDT
I have a chance to buy a kit built Galil, here are the details.

ORF reciever,
like new parts kit w/several new parts swapped in.
new 16" IMI barrel
New PG,cheek pad and like new AR hand guard.
RSA Hammer,trigger and sear.
2 mags,used

Freshly built and parked/gunkoted to match the IMI finish.

Barreled,headspaced and test fired by Randy at Sledgehammer Arms

The seller seems to have quite a bit of knowledge about Galil's.  He has been very straight forward on answering all my question.  He has no problem with me calling Randy,he will send pics of all the refinishing work,give me a 3 day inspection with firing!  He seems like one heck of a nice guy!

MI law recently changed.  Class 3 is now legal here.  I had planned ot get one.  If I get this it slows that down some, but this is well.... a GALIL!  This is one of those always wanted and missed the deal of a life time things.

It would run me about $1500, What do you all think?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 3:18:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 4:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Do not think you will find one cheaper
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:27:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Well guys, I thought about this quite a bit and decided to pass.  I'll keep saving, have the cash ready when an original pops up a decent price.

Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 8:26:32 AM EDT
[#5]
  I am the guy Firedog was talking about,  If any of you are intrested please let me know as it is still for sale. It should be refinished in about 2 weeks. You can contact me at the following. jakappes@ centurytel.com.        Thanks, Jerod
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 5:49:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Jerod is a great guy to deal with.  you won't be sorry ifyou are interested.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 12:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
If I did not have one Galil and three more off at the gunsmith getting barrels installed I would be all over this. If you don't mind me asking, why did you pass on this?

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 5:47:21 AM EDT
[#8]
MI just became a class 3 state, I'm saving the money i had for this and a couple of other rifles I sold for a full auto Vector Uzi
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Firedog,  
                 Thanks for the nice warm fuzzy! her                  
                                                                Thanks, Jerod
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top