Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 4/2/2006 2:40:51 PM EST
I was at a gun show/shoot today at the local indoor range, and a there was a booth where a guy was letting people shoot his collection of fully auto guns. I saw an AK and an AMD-65 along with other full auto guns. I am familiar with the AMD because I am building one from a kit. When I was talking to the guy he said it was converted to fully auto, it also didn't seem he knew what he was talking about. My question is it was all AMD-65, it had the short barrel, NO extension, the folding stock, and the lower fore grip. Is this legal? I thought if it had the short barrel (12.6") it can't have the stock and fore grip.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 2:42:53 PM EST
If you pay the $200 tax stamp you can register it as a SBR (short barreled rifle) and it is legal.

What he may have done, though, is take a registered full auto AK and then, since the reciever counts as the gun, he put a AMD-65 parts kit onto the reciever.

Both options are legal.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 3:05:51 PM EST
Thanks, that make sence.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:44:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 4/2/2006 4:45:11 PM EST by Chris_1522]
It's a machine gun, it dosen't matter. He's probably got a manufacturers FFL. (Type 2, class 7 SOT, whatever that means)
Top Top