Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:25:12 AM EDT
I have a WASR 10 and its dimpleless reciver is bugging me. Is there a jig to do this without taking apart the reciver?

Regards,
Casey
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:15:34 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it possible to dimple an assembled gun?  

Regards,
Casey

While anything is possible, you would have to have special jigs made up for a completed receiver. Since the cost would far exceed the price of your wasr, I suggest that you forget about it.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:14:04 AM EDT
[#2]
not true
besides i know theres atleast 1 ak smith that will do it for you (for a fee )

but i dont know about the wasr rails i think they hang lower than
norm so im not shure if it can be done without replacing the rails
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#3]
You will be FAR money ahead to sell it and get another like you want.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:38:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Dimples are best done when building the gun.  A gun w/o dimples is still very cool, the dimples are cosmetic.  I spend MONTHS making them by hand w/o a mini mill
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 4:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I know you want the dimples, but could you just spot weld 2 ovid, 11ga steel, cutouts inside the reciever, and get the same mag stabilization?
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't waste your time. Your rifle will work fine without dimples. If you must have them, sell the WASR, buy a dirrerent one or a kit and buy/build what you want. My WARS works just as well as my kit built Romys and Polish underfolder.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:51:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Basically, because the receiver is 100% heat treated you will have to heat it up red hot, do the dimple and then retreat it.

Ted Marshal can do the dimple, but I would just get a different rifle.. be ALOT cheaper in the long run.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top