Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 3:13:41 PM EDT
is it legal for me to mail 2 20 colt AR mags to Mass. ???????
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You should probably ask this in the Hometown section, post under "Massachusettes".

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:17:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If the mags were made before 1994 and the recipient has a Hi-cap permit, you're probably safe.  Just pack them up good and don't mark what's in them on the box. That's how I got my AR mags.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I am not familiar with Mass. laws but since you live in Nevada, how could YOU be breaking a law in another state.  States cannot pass laws that govern persons outside thier jurisdiction.

I live in California where such mags are illegal.  There is no law restricting you from sending them to me.  I would be breaking the law but what law would you be breaking?  Does Nevada have a law restricting citizens from sending hicap mags to other states?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:04:02 PM EDT
[#5]
if you want to be safe take them apart and sell the parts. if it is illegal for the buyer to put them together and does it is his problem.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:05:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Whats really a shame is that we are even discussing this. Liberty has been walked all over.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:42:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Plus the voice of reason has long since been silenced  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:26:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If the mags were made before 1994 and the recipient has a Hi-cap permit

This is correct.
However, as stated previously, His problem not yours
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#10]
excuse me?

Hi-cap permit,

a permit?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:32:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
excuse me?

Hi-cap permit,

a permit?

Yup.
MA has two classes of permits, A & B.
Class B limited to 10 round mags.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:24:48 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I am not familiar with Mass. laws but since you live in Nevada, how could YOU be breaking a law in another state.  States cannot pass laws that govern persons outside thier jurisdiction.

I live in California where such mags are illegal.  There is no law restricting you from sending them to me.  I would be breaking the law but what law would you be breaking?  Does Nevada have a law restricting citizens from sending hicap mags to other states?

Lots of states have "Conspiracy to Commit" or "Party to a crime" laws.  Some "ambitious" DA would name you as a co-defendant, whether you resided in that state or not.  Just my $0.02.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 10:44:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
excuse me?

Hi-cap permit,

a permit?

Yup.
MA has two classes of permits, A & B.
Class B limited to 10 round mags.

I'm sorry, but that's

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top