Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 2/13/2006 8:00:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 8:00:55 AM EDT by usamma]
I have narrowed it down to an atlantic arms build (vector or global trades built one), a vepr, or maybee a used sar-1, mak, or older arsenal model (slr-93 and slr-95)

I dont want a rifle with any cant, selector gap issues ( i know they function properly but it would bug the shit out of me), functions flawlessly, and has full mil-spec heat treated reciever.

Milled or stamped makes no diffence to me, I dont want a folder, "traditional" appearance doesnt mean anything to me, and either a muzzle brake or flash hider to protect the crown of the weapon, and synthetic furniture (no wood).

I want to stay under $600, I am guessing that I should probably just buy a vepr, but I am open to suggestions to save money and get the features I want.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:14:44 AM EDT
get a used arsenal, a vector, or buy a kit and send it to a builder. you can get a lot of AK for 6 bills
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:41:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:
get a used arsenal, a vector, or buy a kit and send it to a builder. you can get a lot of AK for 6 bills

Arnt some of the vectors built on OOW recievers which are not fully heat treated and have the receiver gap issues?

Correct me if I am wrong but the vectors built on the global trades/ armory usa reciever are fully heat treated and dont have the receiver gap issues.

If you get a vector can you specify that it was built on a global trades receiver?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:46:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 8:46:39 AM EDT by SelectFire]

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Good advice. Don't forget looking into a Vepr.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:23:31 AM EDT
I'd buy a kit and send it to a builder. That way you can spec everything that you want, and it will come in for less than buying a factory built. Use a Romy kit. They're real nice quality kits, except for the wood, and only cost $109 + shipping
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 10:49:18 AM EDT
The VEPR's are nice but I understand that 7.62 models are backordered until April or May.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:03:38 AM EDT
Yugo M70B2 Underfolder.........

You'll like it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:04:45 AM EDT

Originally Posted By oldjarheadfart:
I'd buy a kit and send it to a builder. That way you can spec everything that you want, and it will come in for less than buying a factory built. Use a Romy kit. They're real nice quality kits, except for the wood, and only cost $109 + shipping

Can you recommend a source for a romy kit and a reputable builder to assemble one?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:06:40 AM EDT
I would recommend looking at the Vectors. They are well built, accurate, and reliable. They also carry a 5 year warranty on them.

Ron
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:20:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/13/2006 11:25:34 AM EDT by usamma]

Originally Posted By Ron4569:
I would recommend looking at the Vectors. They are well built, accurate, and reliable. They also carry a 5 year warranty on them.

Ron

But can i be guaranteed that a vector wont have the receiver gap issue and have a fully heat treated receiver?
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:35:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By usamma:

Originally Posted By Ron4569:

Ron

But can i be guaranteed that a vector wont have the receiver gap issue and have a fully heat treated receiver?

Order from Atlantic and request a Global Trades/Armory receiver.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 1:26:38 PM EDT
If you can find one, I would suggest a SA M-7 from Arsenal.
You can't go wrong with this. Built like a tank, eats anything you can feed it, doesn't mind being mistreated, runs 100% with little maintance, you get the picture.
There are a couple for sale now at the EE
Top Top