Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/12/2005 1:05:39 PM EDT
A couple of other Arfcom members and I have orders placed and paid in full for AK stock sets directly from a seller in Russia. I was speaking with another member via e-mail and he mentioned that a Form 6 may be involved. What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:10:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2005 1:13:05 PM EDT by Stottman]

Originally Posted By M4Madness:
A couple of other Arfcom members and I have orders placed and paid in full for AK stock sets directly from a seller in Russia. I was speaking with another member via e-mail and he mentioned that a Form 6 may be involved. What's the scoop?

If the the items are less then $100, then you are good to go.

If over that, its a grey area.. Technically you need a Form 6, but as long as are only importing one or two for personal use then you should be ok. Of course, I doubt the ATF would actually approve for AK stock sets from Russia, per the US-Russian Arms Agreement. While it could be argued that they are for Saiga's, dont know how far that could go.

ETA- If you ordered from Andrei, he knows the deal. He will declare them for under $100, as well as be shipping them from Germany.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:13:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:17:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krinkfreak:
I can't imagine having to complete an ATF Form 6 for just stock sets. I'll let some of our import experts answer that question. In the meantime, here is a link to the form:

ATF Form 6

A form 6 is technically required for any gun parts that are valued over $100. Stuff like slings, canvas, bipods, do not require them, but stock sets do.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 2:26:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Stottman:
ETA- If you ordered from Andrei, he knows the deal. He will declare them for under $100, as well as be shipping them from Germany.

Top Top