Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2004 10:53:14 AM EDT
Hi,

Been measuring the OOW and comparing it to a romy receiver.

I have two concerns!

1. If you square the receiver to the front of the trunnion, I have a gap from carrier rails to lugs of trunnion of a full .270.

2. And when I measure from tip of receiver to the ejector, I am long .087.
So I take it I should go by that and file off .087 from the front so as to square off the receiver with the trunnion.

so now I would be left with a gap from carrier rails to lugs by about .183.

Is that o.k.?
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 2:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The way I do it is to install the trigger guard and mag catch assy first then insert a mag and move the front trunion back using a c clamp to hold it in place untill the mag inserts nicely, not to tight or loose. and try all of your mags as they vary.
Link Posted: 8/15/2004 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Robert,
You should be proud of yourself, The blanks I have bought from you are better fitting than this new oow receiver.
I am not kidding! I use some good calipers and allways compare to the commie receivers. Yours are the same. I got different measurements across the board on this other, but it is close enough to use.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:32:46 AM EDT
[#3]
So Robert sells blanks?

How much and what has/hasn't been done to them.

MIerinMD
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 9:53:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Pantera thanks I,m glad you like them ,just keep building, my dentist said he needs the money      OUCH!

MIerinMD  heres my website address http://www.bent-metal.com/   theres a link in the  (Links for Builders) post at the top of this forum with some other good links

Robert

Link Posted: 8/16/2004 5:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought some 5.45x39 gauges from Bent-Metal.com a week or so ago...Great company!!! When I get this OOW rec build done I'll be building my next one with his blanks..Thanks again Robert!!! James
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I just received a set of his 5.45 guages .They are perfect !
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 7:25:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Those numbers look way off. Are you sure the receivers are for the same caliber?
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 7:23:19 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a relative newby here, but I've been on the AR-15 side for a while.  I'm using a OOW receiver for my first build and comparing it to a Norinco.  It's come out pretty even so far.  I have a pre-bent blank standing by.  In the mean time, I've got to say I'm impressed with your website Robert.  I'll e-mail you about sending payment for a blank and rails.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top