Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:19:58 PM EDT
I was feeling alittle under the weather and decided to go to the range. I was going to take an AR and an AK to do alittle comp with the two but I just got my SAR 1 back from KAG. So the SAR 1 and a SSR 85B went. Now one is a $300 rifle and the other is a $600 rifle. One is pretty .One is ugly.But I will tell you shooting them they was the same except for the trigger pull. The 85B had a Global FCG and the SAR has a Century trigger . The 85B has a light pull and smooth.The SAR has a military pull. I really like the harder pull. I had a double on the 85B shooting on the bench due to my trigger pull. The guys next to me said " I thought you said it wasn't an automatic?" I tried to explain to these older bolt gun guys what happened but I don't think they got it.I had a blast anyhow and my Chicken Feathered SAR 1 is starting to grow on me.I was going to sell her but I think I will keep her.Sleeping beauty.... WarDawg
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:35:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Those SARs and WASRs sure can be some sleepers.
I have one of each and am extremely pleased with their operation.  I bought a big buck SSR and it's back at Arsenal now cause the barrel was installed off to the left.  I would never give up either of my Romanian rifles. As far as AKs go, you get more than you pay for with the SARs.  My experience, others may vary.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top