Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:06:41 PM EDT
I have a FEG Hungarian SA85M with a thumbhole stock... I want to replace all the wood with sythetic stuff and I'd really like a folder of some sort... Is this leagal to do..? What is a good source for what I need.. ? Will I need to alter the gun in any way..?? Thanks for any help with this.!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:09:32 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:14:31 PM EDT
You can get everything you need at these places. If you want something like a romanian sidefolder or ACE sidefolder then you can do it yourself. Other kinds might require help.

You will need to install the required 5 U.S. parts for a stamped receiver rifle, 4 for a milled receiver rifle. Yours is stamped , right? The rquired parts can be found listed all over the site along with other places to get the parts. I listed several in another thread today dealing with receivers and kits available, check out that thread for more places with parts.




Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:27:49 PM EDT
Cool... Who makes the most rugged folder..? I looked at the ACE one on their web site and it seems like what I'm looking for but can't tell if it locks out sturdy without holding it...? So how tough is the modification to instal the ACE..? How do I get the front handguards off..?? Man I feel like a gun newbie..!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:10:50 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:21:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 7:12:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 7:58:03 PM EDT by Mak]
For the U.S. parts you can go with either of the two most common. The RSA for an adjustable Fire Control Group or the TAPCO which is what I have installed in most of my AK rifles. 3 parts

The ACE folder comes in two mounting types if I remember right (I don't have one but did look at them before, I do have an ACE stock on one of my AR's and I like the quality). One of the mounting types is an adapter block that goes on with the regular stock tang, this adds extra length to the stock. The second type of mount you have to cut the tang off. This should be easy but it is more or less a permanent modification. People have stated here that the stock locks up tight, they do look good to me but your preference may vary. 1 compliance part

A U.S. pistol grip 1 part

The Romanian and East German stocks go on in minutes. I have owned 3 of these and liked them until I messed up my shoulder. I had to sell them all off. They are in stock with several dealers currently but have gone way up in price. Doesn't count as a compliance part. 0

To get your handguards off. Field strip the rifle removing the receiver cover, recoil spring and bolt carrier/piston assembly, lift the lever on the right side of the sight base and remove the top handguard. At the front of the lower handguard you will see a lever, lift it, push the lower handguard forward and pull it out of the receiver. To remove the wood from the top handguard, use a vise at the back end or an adjustable wrench and turn the gas tube/or wood 180 degrees, you can now pull them apart. If you replace the handguards with a U.S. set it only counts as 1 compliance part total.

Linx310's site with directions: www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/index.shtml
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 4:18:36 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:01:32 PM EDT
Got my stocks from ACE and got them installed.. It's great.. Thanks for the help...
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 6:32:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MONGO45:
Got my stocks from ACE and got them installed.. It's great.. Thanks for the help...

Did you get the one that required you to cut the tang or the one with the mounting block/adapter?
Top Top