Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 4:05:02 PM EDT
I stopped in at one of the local shops today to put some money on a MAC-90 I've got on layaway.  One of the guys went into the back room and came out with a box.  The box had 9 30 round mags loaded with Wolf 7.62x39 JHP, 2 empty 10 rnd mags, a 1/2 box of Wolf and an mag pouch, then goes into an other back room and brings out a Chinese 75 rnd drum and 80 rnds of Wolf.  Then asks the most stupid question I've ever heard, "Do you want any of this stuff?".

Duh!!

"How much???"

"$240"
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:04:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Lets see... 9 30 round mags is $90, plus a total of 360 rounds of ammo thats $40, plus a $100 Chink drum, plus $10 for the two lo cap mags, plus $5 for the mag pouch...

The total comes to $245... so assuming you bought everything separately at minimum price, you still saved $5. So Id say you did pretty darn good.

PS- so people don't try to kill me, the 30 round mags are $9.97 at SPG and the local gun shop has a Chinese drum for $100. So no I am not making up the prices.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I've posted this at two other sites and you're the first to realize I was talking about the mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I've posted this at two other sites and you're the first to realize I was talking about the mags and ammo.

I'm totally confused.  That seems like the only thing you could be talking about.  What were they thinking that you meant? The rifle?!?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 10:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess he meant that the others thought it was the mags only... which means he would have been ripped off. Include the ammo and it is a nice deal.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 11:02:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm totally confused.  That seems like the only thing you could be talking about.  What were they thinking that you meant? The rifle?!?

Yep!  They thought I was getting the rifle for $240.  I wish!

And I guess I shouldn't call the rifle a MAK-90, it's a Norinco NHM 91, fiberforce stock with scope and a 75rnd drum plus bipod.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top