Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2013 9:02:09 PM EDT
How would you feel:
You placed an order for magazines back in December. After receiving a confirmation email, you don't see a shipment for a week. So you go to the website to get a contact number and see a note saying the panic is in effect, expect to wait 4+ weeks, but if you got an order confirmation and don't hear otherwise, rest assured that your order will be filled.  Please don't call/email as that just takes time away from shipping.

So you are polite and wait and wait. After 8 weeks, you decide you've waited long enough and send a short, polite inquiry email. Almost immediately you get a response that they are sold out and your order is cancelled.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't be shy. What company did this? I'd be pissed off, but there isn't much you can do.

Sarco did this to me a few years ago. I placed an order, waited for a few weeks, and finally called them only to find out they cancelled my order because the items weren't in stock. Haven't ordered from them since. No need to do business with such companies. Although there are always those that have good luck with certain companies, and some that don't.
Link Posted: 2/13/2013 9:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I would add that company to my "fuck them" list of companies.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't trying to be shy about naming the company, I had sent the following email to them, explaining my displeasure and was awaiting a response:

I'm very disappointed that I waited 8 weeks for you to tell me you weren't going to fulfill my order, despite your website stating that everyone should be patient and rest assured that all orders that were placed will be filled.

If you didn't have the inventory, you should have a better website. If you knew you weren't going to be able to fill my order, you should have contacted me much, much earlier. If my order was just lost in the shuffle, or bumped by others who weren't so patient, that's a poor business model.

Even with the craze, this is a great example of extremely poor customer service. It is during trying times where true character comes through.

Rest assured that not only will you never receive future business from me, but I will suggest to all those I shoot with that they avoid trying to do business with your company.

And I just received their response:

>have a nice day

As I'm not satisfied with either the way they handled this, or their response, I'm now willing to say that this was RGUNS.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:03:22 AM EDT
[#4]
They were assholes before the panic, and now that they're fat and happy and can't keep anything in stock they have decided to really let it all hang out and insult customers who have legitimate complaints.

Panic buying won't last forever.  Just put them on "the list" for the future.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 7:21:34 AM EDT
[#5]

That has Rguns written all over it!

Was it Rguns?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain ordered polish parts kit, mags, barrel, ammo from SG in have had two orders canceled and extensions on others until May and June. This is getting old!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:05:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Nothing new for Rguns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:14:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol I was guessing r guns.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#9]
i never had luck with rguns havent ordered from them in years!
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 2:53:37 PM EDT
[#10]
They came through with me. rGuns. Ordered M95 mags on Dec 18th and they cametwo days ago
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:04:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I gotta admit I'd be pretty pissed too.

I've never done business with Rguns. I'll be sure not to in the future.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#12]
I've done business with them in the past with no issues. I would be pissed if they (anyone) did that to me.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#13]
We need a sticky on businesses that fail to provide services as they say they will. To limit BS slandering any negitive report should be acompanied by crop and pastes or photos showing documentation. So everyone can see the poop for what it is. If no documentation Mods could delete the post. I am NOT saying anyone without documentation is giving false report. I am saying a tacked thread designed for Documented reports would be awsome.

I would not have anything to post on. However I would check it before I order from an unknown retailer.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:43:44 PM EDT
[#14]
You didn't follow their directions so they cancelled the order.

Did they charge you for the item while you were waiting for delivery?

I have backorders with all kinds of vendors right now, I only get pissed when they charge my credit card and then don't ship for months, if they don't charge the card until they ship then no big deal.

Two vendors have my money in hand right now for some time but my credit card allows me to contest the charges and have told me there is no time limit to do it so I can let it ride for a couple months before I get real pissed.

I got a Colt barrel for $250.00 less than any other vendor from RGuns back around 2003.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I had them listed on my bookmarks of the places to order from.  I guess I will delete that.  Why can't everyone operate like AIM or SGAmmo?  It would be a perfect world.  Bryan from AIM has emailed me personally and even suggested options that were more in my price range that they don't even sell.( no benefit to AIM).  SGAmmo has always been good to me also.  RGUNS will never have my business after hearing this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#16]
I do not have the funds to let some one keep it from me for weeks much less a couple of months. If they say the will honor my order, and later then they do not. They have likely damaged my ability to do my bussiness with another bussiness at prices as they are at that time. If they say they will honor a deal and do not. They should make it right. Hell they may have damaged ones ability to ever obtain said item elswere due to them not being available any where at a later date. If a bussiness is dishonorable it should be known.

Quoted:
You didn't follow their directions so they cancelled the order.

Did they charge you for the item while you were waiting for delivery?

I have backorders with all kinds of vendors right now, I only get pissed when they charge my credit card and then don't ship for months, if they don't charge the card until they ship then no big deal.

Two vendors have my money in hand right now for some time but my credit card allows me to contest the charges and have told me there is no time limit to do it so I can let it ride for a couple months before I get real pissed.

I got a Colt barrel for $250.00 less than any other vendor from RGuns back around 2003.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:10:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Years ago Aim once sent me 20 round AK tanker mags when I had ordered 20 round AR mags. It was a honest mistake. They sent me a prepaid box to sent them back. I did and they sent me the AR mags I had ordered. No perk given for their mistake. It took some shipping time back and forth. However they did honor my original order. Mistakes happen. They held up their deal. I had done bussiness with them before that and after.

Quoted:
I had them listed on my bookmarks of the places to order from.  I guess I will delete that.  Why can't everyone operate like AIM or SGAmmo?  It would be a perfect world.  Bryan from AIM has emailed me personally and even suggested options that were more in my price range that they don't even sell.( no benefit to AIM).  SGAmmo has always been good to me also.  RGUNS will never have my business after hearing this.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:26:31 PM EDT
[#18]
AIM is the best overall vendor on the forum.

They have gone above and beyond.

Their conduct during all the panics have solidified their business with me.

Link Posted: 2/14/2013 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Agreed, I need to make a trip over there sometime to meet Bryan.  I respect how he operates. Good people
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:17:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 5:26:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I do not have the funds to let some one keep it from me for weeks much less a couple of months. If they say the will honor my order, and later then they do not. They have likely damaged my ability to do my bussiness with another bussiness at prices as they are at that time. If they say they will honor a deal and do not. They should make it right. Hell they may have damaged ones ability to ever obtain said item elswere due to them not being available any where at a later date. If a bussiness is dishonorable it should be known.

Aim doesn't charge your credit card and not send the items for months on end.  I asked the OP if he was charged but I don't think he answered yet.  

I have two vendors that I ordered from that are in the industry forum here that have charged my credit card and not shipped the items, one has had my money in their hands for over a months but they may be shipping this week.  The other has a 282 page thread of people asking where their order is.  I wish I had seen that before giving them my money.  I likely won't do business with either of those companies again.  First time I have ever had companies charge my card and not ship within days.  These companies are taking months.

I don't usually do business with a company that charges my card before they are ready to ship.  Usually indicates they have to purchase the items first with your money.  

I remember a couple of smiths here that were using funds for their daily living expenses and letting work pile up and then had no money to ship back the unfinished rifles 1-2 years later.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:04:08 PM EDT
[#22]
This whole situation is unprecedented in America, This did not happen even in 1994, although prices of mags and pre-ban guns skyrocketed. There was no on-line ordering because there was no Internet. Now there are millions more gun owners than '94, and with the 'net everybody almost instantly gets it that they better buy NOW or do without. Many vendors have shown their true colors during this abortion, good and bad. Personally, I think that should not be forgotten when things ease up.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:14:29 PM EDT
[#23]
OP here.

MAK asked if I was charged for the order and the answer is NO.

However, at one point the website had a warning that an order cancellation fee would be in place because too many people were ordering from multiple sources and them canceling if another vendor shipped first. Their website does not currently have that statement, and I didn't think to take a screenshot at the time, because it also stated any order would be honored unless otherwise notified. They did not notify me; I had to contact them. So in essence, they were holding my money hostage. To be clear, when I placed the order, no such warnings were present.

Am I out anything?  No, other than missed opportunities. Still, not a kind of business that will ever see a dime of my money.

I have now ordered from AIM, since they got some mags in. Not the Yugo BHO I was looking for to fit my front trunnion and trigger guard with on my slab-side build, but I guess you can't have everything you want in life. Bad time to build, right?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

OP here.

MAK asked if I was charged for the order and the answer is NO.

However, at one point the website had a warning that an order cancellation fee would be in place because too many people were ordering from multiple sources and them canceling if another vendor shipped first. Their website does not currently have that statement, and I didn't think to take a screenshot at the time, because it also stated any order would be honored unless otherwise notified. They did not notify me; I had to contact them. So in essence, they were holding my money hostage. To be clear, when I placed the order, no such warnings were present.

Am I out anything? No, other than missed opportunities. Still, not a kind of business that will ever see a dime of my money.

I have now ordered from AIM, since they got some mags in. Not the Yugo BHO I was looking for to fit my front trunnion and trigger guard with on my slab-side build, but I guess you can't have everything you want in life. Bad time to build, right?

Yugo BHO mags, I believe are available online. I just can't remember the vendor.

Edit:

http://whatacountry.com/yugo-ak-47-30-round-magazine---bolt-hold-open.aspx

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/757
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top