Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 9:26:05 AM EDT
Greetings,

OK, I know that the shooters amongst you will say no difference, just go shoot it.  I have enough 7.62 & 5.45 shooters to last a lifetime.  I'm trying to make a decision just how much EXTRA the NIB version of the same Chinese preban is worth compared to a nice 95% shooter version, both now and for possible appreciation.  I've been collecting & shooting for a very, very long time and am looking to buy 3 or 4 of the preban Chinese (various styles) over the next year or so.  So how much extra now and is it worth it in the long term? i.e. will the NIB be worth more percentage-wise, say, 5 years from now, compared to the shooter?  I know this calls for some WAGs but I'm looking for INFORMED WAGs <grin>.

I could have bought them back in the late '80s but I didn't.  I also could have bought Microsoft then but didn't. Ditto with Google.  I do have some great WWII collector weapons but some of the ones I sold 15 years ago would make you weep (trust me).  

Thanks much Gentlemen.  I appreciate it and who knows, we might get some new info/ideas out here.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:03:06 PM EDT
[#1]
When you ae selling something that is  "collector grade" (like a NIB rifle) the value will always be determined by the collector who is or isnt looking to buy it.  This question cannot be reliably answered by anyone other then the potential buyer.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Add 10% to 100% condition for NIB. For example: Polytech AKS-762 valued at  $1,350 in 100% condition + $135 for NIB = $1,485 . The same weapon in 95% condition is valued at $1,050 .
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:12:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Add 10% to 100% condition for NIB. For example: Polytech AKS-762 valued at  $1,350 in 100% condition + $135 for NIB = $1,485 . The same weapon in 95% condition is valued at $1,050 .

Thank you very, very much.  That is exactly what I'm looking for.  At least I won't go blind into a stupid purchase.  Did you get the prices from the Blue book?  If so, I'm assuming the prices listed in the Blue Book (Guns) are now fairly accurate?  I know they used to be waaay off the mark on military weapons back in the 90's like $350 for matching WWII German Mausers).  If they've gotten better, I need to get the book.

Again, thanks for helping a man out.  I appreciate it.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:49:06 PM EDT
[#4]
2008 Blue Book of Gun Values. Prices have come down a little for some weapons, but the example I gave seems to be right on the mark for today's market. It is a great resource. I use it often when doing trade deals.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks,

I'll be sure to pick one up.  I have a very old version, I sure hope they've made it easier to find exactly what you're looking to locate.  Again thanks, I really appreciate sharing your knowledge.

Cheers
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, I forgot to ask, since you have the book.  Is there any difference in prices between the AKS full stock, sidefolder, (wood/bakelite) or spiker?  Prices vary between Polytech & Norinco?  Just generally, I don't want to bother you since you've been so helpful.

Thanks
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top