Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/10/2006 10:29:28 PM EDT
Hello All,

I just picked up a Arsenal SA M7 carbine, and I was wondering how long the barrel would last with normal use and cleaning ? How hard is it to change a AK barrel when the AK has a milled receiver ?

Thanks for the help,

Link Posted: 2/10/2006 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think they're rated for 15,000 rounds. I have 2 of these....one like your's and an underfolder. I now have an SLR 105 on the way. It's a sickness. Arsenal's are hard to beat!!
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:21:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
its a pita to change

but it will last longer than you will
60-80K rounds
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 8:52:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
its a pita to change

but it will last longer than you will
60-80K rounds

I think that round count is in general for any bores that are chrome-lined.

They did a similar test on RRA AR M4 barrels chrome lined and most died at around 80,000 rounds.

Dat's a lot a semi auto shooting.

so yeah, it will probably go through a couple of generations before it is worn completely out.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top