Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 5:53:42 AM EDT
I ordered my first AK from SOG last week.  I got the WASR 10 with the folding stock.  I don't really like the folding stock(black plastic thing) and want to put a wooden fixed stock on it.  Is this a hand tool thing or does it require presses and rivets???
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Unless it has some extra mounting hardware, it's just two screws on the top rear of the receiver.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 2:32:18 PM EDT
[#2]
sometimes it takes a little trimming of the stock as i had to do with a nice us made laminated stock. was close but needed some carveing with a sharp knife
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
hammer+ stocket extension + muscle = stock removed.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hammer+ stocket extension + muscle = stock removed.

My method exactly!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i tried to pry a crappy laminated buttstock off of my AK when i first got it (had a folder i was replacing it with) by putting a screw driver in the small gap between the wood and the receiver. about 2 minutes later the stock split almost perfectly in half from my attempts.

hammer it out from the back, dont pry it out like a dumbass(like me)!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#6]

hammer it out from the back

+1

Rubber mallet and a large blunt punch.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top