Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2005 4:42:52 PM EDT
The manual shows me how to field-strip my AK, but says nothing about adjusting the sights. I need to get it zero'd in. How do I do that?

Also, how the little elevation ramp work?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
to adjust windage, you have to drift the sight to the right or left.........you can either do this with a hammer and a round steel stock, fit it over the round protusion on the side of the front sight post, and tap it to bring the front sight right or left, or buy a AK windage tool, that can be found just about anywhere on the net, for like 10 bucks or so.

for elevation there is a tool in the cleaning kit that is in the stock. one end is a screwdriver, the other end has slots, take the scewdriver end and put it into the round container of the cleaning kit that has a slot in it, and then fit the slot of the tool over the front sight post, and unscrew the front sight a bit, to move impact of the round down, or screw it in to being the strike of the round up.

if you opt for the AK tool, the elevation tool is incorprorated in the screw part of the windage adjustment

as for the rear sight, to move it press in on the sides of it, and you will be able to slide it up to the elevation mark you want, release it where you want, and it will stay put.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:26:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't waste yor money on the cheap sight adjustment tools. I tried to use one to adjust the elevation on my SKS yesterday and it broke. I just used my hand to try and turn it and as they say I ain't super man. Use the tool in the kit to adjust elevation on an AK. Use a brass drift or a punch coversd with a fired .22 case to adjust windage. Remember to move the sight in the opposite direction you want to move the strike of the bullet, that is screw the sight down to raise the strike of the bullet on the target. for more info down load the AK operators manual. Its available on this site in the download section located on the left side of the home page.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top