Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 4:39:16 PM EDT
I rushed right over here to see if this was listed anywhere.  DC first ,  The Peoples Republic Of Kalifonia next!
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,71750,00.html
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:34:59 PM EDT
[#1]
What the hell does he base this turd on?  I'd like to know where this train of thought comes from for argumentitave purposes.

"This idea that more guns equals less crime is flat out wrong. The truth is more guns equals more crime and it's as obvious as the nose on my face," said Matthew Nosanchuk of the Violence Policy Center.

This is more like it, and statistics can prove it (not that any of you need to be told).

"All of the evidence that has been introduced suggests that guns are used about 2 million times a year for defensive purposes. There are only 500,000 gun-related acts of violence a year. So on a four-to-one basis guns are more widely used for self-defense than they are for committing acts of violence. And that suggests that if we had more guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens we would have less crime in D.C.," he said.

Thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 6:01:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I watched that story live. Maybe it was a rebroadcast, but I did watch it. It was pretty good, and worded to show that gun laws are crap.  They let the guy from theViolence policy center on just to have the token "other view". Just like our side usually is.

It was good to see it on the news, too bad it wasn't longer. They pitched the story for about an hour talking about how gun laws don't work.

Despite the usual anti-gun crap, it was good for us.
Link Posted: 12/3/2002 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I fired off a rather nice, tightly focused letter to the editor about that one.  Text follows:

In regard to the recent article, "DC gun law under fire,    you published this as part
of the article:

"This idea that more guns equals less crime is flat out wrong. The truth is more guns equals more crime and it's as obvious as the nose on my face," said Matthew Nosanchuk of the Violence Policy Center.

Why would you allow such an overt LIE aas Mr. Nosanchuk's baseless statement to be
published?

The facts are well established, and they show that it is quite true that more guns (in
the hands of the citizens) DO in fact result in less crime.
You, being an intelligent man, can well imagine that criminals don't want their intended
victims to be armed,  and if you were to think like a criminal, you would not want to
pursue your craft where the citizens are more likely to be armed.

Fact:  Every state that has enacted more restrictive gun laws has experienced an
INCREASE in crime after these laws were enacted.

Fact:  Every state that has taken steps to allow their citizens MORE access to
firearms (as in the passing of "shall issue" concealed carry legislation) has then
experienced a DROP in crime levels after such legislation has passed.

Mr. Nosanchuk is a LIAR,  as are ALL anti-gun organizations and their representatives.
Their hatred and fear of guns motivates them to try to get rid of ALL of them, even though
the vast majority of us citizens are quite safe in our ownership and usage of firearms.

And of course, it bears mentioning that laws that are passed to restrict firearms always
have a negative effect because it is only the law abiding section of the population that
will comply with the new laws, while the criminal element simply ignores such laws
just as they ignore the other laws that make them criminals.  
What rational person would expect a criminal to turn in his guns in response to a change
in the law that makes them illegal?

You really should filter out truly idiotic comments like Mr. Nosanchuk's statement.

Very sincerely,

Chris Johnson
[email protected]

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top